Steve Jobs

demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
put the pc vs mac thing aside he was a great man and brought computers along way

rest in peace

Apple
wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just heard the breaking news. What a lose. He'd be surely missed.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sad to hear. He was a true visionary and brought a great deal of growth and knowledge to the technology sector.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    RIP and thank you Mr. Jobs
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not an "Apple Person" but still he did a lot of for the tech community RIP Steve.
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    RIP Steve
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    Bummer -

RIP Steve
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Not an apple fanboy by any means, but I will always respect the man. Great visionary who transformed our industry.

Steve: you changed the world an made history. Mission accomplished. Have a safe trip.

Note: Excellent tribute at Apple.com. Clean, minimalist but with a strong message, just like the products he created.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    RIP Steve Jobs, your story has influenced many including myself. Your passion, energy, and drive for success motivates my life to achieve my dreams and goals. I have learned from your success and your failures, thank you for your experiences in life. I can only imagine how amazing of a read your official biography will be from your own words, explaining your own life from your perspective as you lived it.

May you be at peace and happiness in your new journey after this life.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Damn he worked almost to the very end. icon_sad.gif
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I owe my current profession in IT and my love of technology to Steve Jobs. Since the first day I layed my hands on my first computer, the Apple IIe, I've always known I wanted to work with computers. I've been addicted to computers and technology since then.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I am sadden to hear this news. I was surprised how young Steve Jobs was; only 56 years. In his passing he must know that he left behind a great legacy. A great sense of accomplishment.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    He had a big impact on technology. He will be missed. RIP Steve...
    WIP: CCNA
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I decided to watch some of the documentary Rise of Silicon Valley tonight. I'm missing the last bit but watching this should motivate anybody working in Tech and would surely educate some of the younger users around here. RIP Steve Jobs.
  • Agent47Agent47 Member Posts: 103
    Wow what a loss. Condolences to his family and friends.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I respect him and hope that he does RIP. I wonder what will happen to the quality of Apple without him. I wonder what he could give if life gave him 20 more years?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was shocked to see the news.

Very sad... icon_cry.gif
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There wasnt much to be shocked about, we all knew for the past 4 years he was battling cancer. But i feel you, its still a surreal reality whenever someone passes away, especially from cancer. I wish he could have used more of his power to help combat the desease, he probably could have gotten the world very close to curing this desease. I guess we have to leave it for gamers to figure out the complexities of a virus icon_sad.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    An amazing innovator in tech industry with revolutionary products. He will definitely be missed
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Steve Jobs was an innovator and a true inspiration!

The message that he left in 2005 is something that I get motivation from every time I read it, and it is something I believe everybody (Especially those out there working hard towards those certifications/qualifications to get them to where they want to be) can find great advise and wisdom from:

Taken from: Steve Jobs has passed away, tech world mourns | TechRepublic

[h=2]Steve Jobs on mortality[/h]In his commencement address at Stanford University in 2005, after he had just came back from cancer the first time, Jobs said:
    “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

RIP Steve Jobs
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    He truly was a visionary and will be greatly missed. RIP Steve Jobs, you have truly made your mark on the world.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,570 Mod
    I'm really sad...He wanted to change the world and he did...
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Woke up to find out about it this morning. RIP.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What ever people may think of Apple, he will go down in history as one of the greats! His influnce has been felt throughout the world, and he is one of the few people that can really claim to have changed history.

RIP Steve, god bless your family, I hope they take comfort in knowing just how special a person you where, and how much you will be missed by the world.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I remember my first computer as a kid was a TI-994a, then I got a Vic 20. Used Apple IIe in grade school and Macintosh in college. Apple was fading away during my early college years and came back big time but for a long time I could not afford a computer. Now a days I got so many devices that can access the internet that some are sitting in drawers long forgetten about. Just the other day I was clearing out a drawer and out fell my original iPhone 3G lol.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The first time I touched a Mac, I could not figure out how to use the mouse. I vowed from that day "never again."

Having said that, Steve Jobs certainly was a guy who put design over substance and got rich off that. For that, he should be respected. May he RIP.

(I felt the same type of respect when Steinbrener died. I didn't talk any smack against the Yankees for well over a year. I just have a deep respect for the dead, even if I find them annoying (at a minimum) while they were alive.)
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Used Apple IIe in grade school and Macintosh in college.

Spent a lot of time on Apple IIs in high school, then those plus Macs early college years.

Jobs was one of those rare birds it seems we have fewer and fewer of in American business any more: a true visionary.

I may have been mad at him and Apple off and on over the last few years, and my 2005-2010 Mac zealotry has faded, but I realize in hindsight how much he brought to the world. May his life be celebrated.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I just heard this morning when I woke up. What a loss to society as a whole. I remember using the Apple IIe and various Macintosh systems in both elementary and Jr. High School when I was growing up. I was the only student with the same level of distrcit licensing as the sys admins. lol. Yes, we needed to pass a course and receive a PC License in order to use the machines.

Steve Jobs was a revolutionary man who created extraordinary products. Good bye Steve, and thank you.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□