Options

$35 android tablet

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/india/government-of-india-launches-the-elusive-35-tablet-retail-availability-in-november/716

I imagine we can see the price wars beginning. I think the Kindle Fire will have more of an impact in my market than this. Now if only they manage to get ferroelectic processors to market we'll see current desktop speeds on tablet devices...

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Looks like a really good deal. We need something like that for our schools here.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ironically it's because I'm on a tablet.

HA! Hilarious.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LOL....wow, good ole tablets
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I know it has to hit a price point but a 366MHz processor will mean it will run at the speed commonly associated with a snail. The $35 price also seems to be educational or extremely large order pricing as well since the retail price will be more around $60 as the article states.

This tablet was designed to be given out or purchased at extremely high volumes for students who do not have any other kind of computer. It'll give some competition to the low end tablets that are coming out from the no name China manufacturers who already have had tablets at around $100 for quite a while now but I don't see it doing too much for any of the other manufacturers
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    i think its gonna hurt the ereader market more than the tablet market

if it can load the kindle/kobo/nook app why would i spend more for a fire/nookcolor
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: