Options

E1 / pri

electromindselectrominds Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
i know E1 has 30 time slots / channels i.e. e1 can provide 30 telephone numbers. i want to know is there any method that service provider give me 50 telephone numbers on single e1. logically for 50 numbers i need 2 * E1. my equipment and mux support E1 only.what i request to service provider for pri numbers or E1 numbers. any difference between them?an urgent reply is requested

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Most circuits are not 1 for 1, not everyone needs there own line to make outbound calls. I would look at how many calls you guys make a day to determine what you should scale. Some companies only need 1 channel for every 7 users other places like call centers will need 1 channel for every 2 users as there job is to be on the phone.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    PhoneGuyPhoneGuy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am in the US and we use T1s not E1s but other than 23 vs 30 voice channels everything should be the same. With an E1 you can have a maximum of 30 calls up at the same time, in any mix of incoming or outgoing. Your service provider should be able to point any number of DID lines (separate phone numbers) to that single E1. I work for a phone company and we have customers with a hundred or more numbers pointed to a single T1 PRI. You wil need to talk to your service provider to order the numbers you need, but there should not be any trouble with 50 numbers going to a single E1. If you were ordering this from our company, you would order the E1 PRI, and then order the amount of DID numbers that you needed, and have them pointed at the PRI. The strange thing is that with our company they are called DID (direct inward dial) number, even though on a PRI you can use the numbers for outgoing calls over the PRI. Hope this helps some.