Finally CCNA!

tex3030tex3030 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed the ICND2 test earlier today. 902, the same score I got on the ICND1 test. Failed the test with a 790 a few weeks back.

I guess the big question is what do I start working on now? I am having a hard time deciding between CCNP-Switch and CCNA:Security, or an MCP test.

All three of the certifications seem like they are foundational knowledge. Am currently taking a microsoft class at a local community college, but that class is based around the final test for the new MCSA (haven't taken any other microsoft classes).

Comments

• Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I will be working on the CCNA in the next six months. Was the exam difficult and intense?
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!

I'd go for security (Thats what I'm going to do once I've got my ccna)
    see http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-security/70795-books-resources-ccna-security.html

Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your CCNA!! Go for whatever you find most interesting
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Congrats on the CCNA.. I passed mine a few weeks back. I remember the feeling well. Good luck on your future certs. icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
  • tex3030tex3030 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I can't say that it was easy; I was not prepared enough the first time I took it. The hardest part is looking over the review page. I think they went out of their way to put down the most vague categories possible. That makes pinpointing what you need to focus on for the next go-around so difficult.

If I go for the most interesting it definitely won't be the MCP. It seems like the test would have to be 90% memorization and I suck at memorization.

Already got the celebrating part down.
  • Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man. They do make it vague don't they. And the worst part is you really don't know what it means since you could get a 50 in one category but have only gotten two questions meaning you only got one wrong.
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1