Options

Final EXAM for CCNP VOICE

sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
I'm approaching my final exam for CCNP-V, which is TVOICE 8. I've been researching as much as a can and utilizing tools on the Cisco Learning Network as well as video from Kevin Wallace. I have access to servers and hardware, but is there anything else I should focus on for this exam. I've heard that this is a tough one.

Here was my CCNP Voice order:

CIPT1 8.0 - April 2009
CVOICE 6.0 - Feb 2011
CIPT2 8.0 - Aug 2011
CAPPS 8.0 - Sep 2011
TVOICE 8.0 - Scheduled this week.
"The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck! Bring home a win!
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Good luck! You can dooooo iiiiit!
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck man! Be sure to know your way around trace outputs!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Finished it guys ... Thanks for all the encouragement. I must say TVOICE 8.0 was the toughest of all of them.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Sieff.... can you give your thoughts about it without breaking the NDA ;) Im taking it in a few weeks.
  • Options
    tokhss wrote: »
    Sieff.... can you give your thoughts about it without breaking the NDA ;) Im taking it in a few weeks.

In my opinion it was the most difficult of the CCNP Voice exams. What contributed to the difficulty with preparing for this exam was that there was no set study material. I found myself reading about SDI/SDL traces from the Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony book that was copyrighted in 2003. I brushed up on concepts from CIPT1 & 2 6.0 books. I also read material from CVOICE 6.0, SRND's and SIP Trunking. I was fortunate to have worked on CCM 3x up to CUCM 8.6, so I wasn't totally overwhelmed. While reading over some concepts I had the ability to VPN to a clients network and play around with features like Mobile Connect and Extension Mobility to confirm settings. Lastly, I left the testing center really questioning some of the Q&A on the exam, there were several instances where I felt other options listed were correct.

Wish you the best on your exam. Hope this helps.

Here was my path:

CIPT1 6.0 - April 2009
    CVOICE 6.0 - Feb 27, 2011 (DAY BEFORE DEADLINE)
    CIPT2 8.0 - 2011
    CAPPS 8.0 - 2011
    TVOICE 8.0 - 2011

This exam really stressed me out. When I got the CONGRATULATIONS after hitting next on the last question I just sat there in silence for a bit. =/
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    I know exactly what you mean..

so far I have gone through the V6 TUC material , the CBT's, SRND's and the TSHOOT quick guide.. other than that, my home lab .. honestly, just loading up RTMT and running debug's.. but as most of us who have spent hours n hours on our home lab... problems are reality.. and running debugs should be second hand nature.. the only thing that worries me is the saf info and the traces.. im gonna hit that hard over the weekend.

im really hoping to simply just pass this one.. =|