Would Network+ make MCSE easier

RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
I started Network+ but I then went to MCSE because it seems more popular.

But I'm having some difficulties understanding the network theories like Active Directory, subnet masking..etc.

Would completing Network+ make MCSE easier to understand and pass?

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Although the Network+ certification is not required for MCSE, it does cover a lot of information that is essential to understand Windows (a network operating system). It's kinda hard to be an MCSE without knowing the basics of networking, such as covered in the network+ cert. That doesn't mean you actually need to take the exam, and get the cert. But the knowledge would indeed make MCSE easier to understand and pass, so basically studying for it is the least you should do (and after that, buying a voucher and the drive to the test center will be worth it).

To see if you will actually benifit from it, you could start by reading my Network+ TechNotes and check how much you know already.

Apart from that, you can also ask here about the things you're having a hard time understanding ;)
  • shudapshudap Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i find network+ to be a good foundation to have for building knowledge within computers and networking. i found it very easy but i remember what it would of been like to take this years ago.. hah.
    yarrrrr! yarrrr!! i hate thee who be a paper mcse!
  • netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    The Network+ certification is an excellent exam to take and pass, it is the foundation to networking as a foundation is to the building of a house (Just my anology) take network+ before goping for MCSE, things like DHCP, DNS, TCPIP, Server operating systems etc etc etc. icon_cool.gificon_lol.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    I'd say go ahead and take the Network +, as I'm studying for my MCSA and I've found it to be quite a help, essentially because it covers the basics of networking. So there will be sections of your MCSE which will assume a certain level of knowledge, much of which I'm finding to be covered even if not in great detail by the Network + exam
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."