Options

Go Strong Arm a Reduced Rate for AT&T DSL and U-Verse

powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
I was considering dropping my naked DSL line because I cannot get U-Verse even though my CO is outfitted and I am within distance. Anyhow, that bugged me and the fact that they were advertising cheaper prices on U-Verse with faster speeds than the DSL was even capable of getting (plus the lower data cap on DSL bugs the crap out of me).

So, I called them up and they were willing to give me a six month break in price of 50%... and they said I could call back for whatever promotional rate was active at that time.

So, if you are looking to squeeze a few more dollars out of your budget, give it a shot. This may work with other carriers, too.
2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Yes this will typically work with most any provider out there. All part of the game, but not that many play it. Been through it with different cable companies in places I've lived over the years. Prices creep up, new customers are getting great deals, but I'm getting stiffed. Call up and say you want to disconnect your service, and they will throw all sorts of deals at you to try and get you to keep it. Rinse and repeat about every 6 months to keep your rates down.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Didn't work here for my cable provider. I even tried for my dad's house and my own....both people did give us a new plan, saving just a few bucks...and getting better internet out of the deal.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My cable provider doesn't play this game. I've called up a couple of times trying to get better rates by threatening to cancel and ended up having to back down. Even when I really did cancel my cable I expected some sort or retention. No they didn't even argue, they just said "Please confirm by saying yes or no and return the cable box within 7 days".
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com