Options

Wallet Cards are back!

littlehoopslittlehoops Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
Was on the born to learn web site last night and i saw this.

MCP Wallet Cards Now Available! - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn

I have ordered mine $8.95 with free delivery. Not to bad.

Comments

• Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! I've been waiting for the comeback of these cards for a while now

Thanks for the reminder
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hey whats sexier, MCP or MCDST on my card?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think that word doesn't mean what you think it means... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I think that word doesn't mean what you think it means... icon_wink.gif

HAHA! So true. Hilarious.
  • Options
    sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    Finally. I've been tracking that thread for months
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Although this is non-microsoft related... Does Cisco offer wallet cards? I haven't actually seen or heard what's in the certification packages.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Although this is non-microsoft related... Does Cisco offer wallet cards? I haven't actually seen or heard what's in the certification packages.
    You get wallet cards with the certificate.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Got an email last night saying my card has been shipped.

The countdown begins.
  • Options
    I am curious, what does everyone use the card for? I always give mine to my daughter to play with.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I am curious, what does everyone use the card for? I always give mine to my daughter to play with.

A friend and her 8 year old step sister visted me at work once. She was very impressed with her visitor pass and had to keep it. She referred to it as a business card (because its mostly the same shape and has her name on it), which prompted me to give her one of my cards. I'm told she still has both of these items, and it has been several months.

To be more on topic. $9 for a card seems a bit excessive doesn't it? It better be plated in gold or something!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    When I was on an interview a while back, they asked if I had my A+ or NET+ - I said yes, I have my certification cards if you'd like to see them. They've been in my wallet for years.. the A+ and NET+ were sent to me non-laminated, so I laminated them myself.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Like MAC_Addy said, it's nice to be able to just show the cards for verification during an interview. It's only happened to me once, I was asked to verify my CCNA. It was convenient to just be able to show the card. I could have done the verification through the web site too but the card was faster and satisfied the request. I'll be ordering mine if for no other reason than to just have it for such an occurance should it occur.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    That's what i thought. I don't carry a wallet so it is kind of pointless for me. Although I always carry to interviews a cert transcript hard copy never had the need to produce it.
  • Options
    In my last interview i had to show my transcript, certs and wallet card I think they had been cheated before.
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh cool! :)

Thanks for the info. Now I need to decide... MCP or MCSA??..??...?

I think I'll go MCSA!
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    In my last interview i had to show my transcript, certs and wallet card I think they had been cheated before.
    My last employer made me show all that, too. My current employer, they didn't ask for anything.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Well.... cool that they brought them back, annoying that you can only get ONE title on a card. Didn't the old schools used to list all certs you had, IE MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc? I guess I'll hold out on this until I get MCITP:EA next year. I don't feel like spending $9 for just MCSA.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    From the looks of it you list your preferred cert level (i.e. - not MCITP:EA, just MCITP) on the front and your other cert levels (MCTS, MCP) can be listed on the back. I'm personally OK with that.
    Thanks, Tom

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jmritenour wrote: »
    Well.... cool that they brought them back, annoying that you can only get ONE title on a card. Didn't the old schools used to list all certs you had, IE MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc? I guess I'll hold out on this until I get MCITP:EA next year. I don't feel like spending $9 for just MCSA.

You choose the certification you want to display on the front, and the rest are displayed (if there is room) on the back. The design tool is really neat actually.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□

The card is good for points; the points are good for tokens; the tokens are good for one free INTERNET when your Blackberry stops working icon_lol.gif

For $9 you do get to put your picture on it if you wish. Might come in handy for those two forms of picture ID instances.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ordered mine on Monday! Cant to see what it looks like up close
  • Options
    Mine arrived.
    Print quality is rather poor. I can't see it lasting very long in the wallet
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637

Answer C - Not walking around with a Costanza wallet full of vendor certification cards...
    George's Exploding Wallet - YouTube
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    saspro wrote: »
    Mine arrived.

Really?? Maybe they have quality control problems. Mine arrived and the print quality is as good or better than my original MCSE wallet card that I have had for years. It is also as good as my CompTIA professional membership card that has been in my wallet since 2008, I stopped changing it out after that. It is not like they come out as often as an ATM card or something. I'm more concerned about the new raised ink format on my new California drivers license.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    saspro wrote: »
    Mine arrived.

Mine seems fine. The colors are correct, the text and picture are sharp.
    Thanks, Tom

• Options
    Mine looks like it's been done on an inkjet printer
  • Options
    I think we need all should upload a picture of our cards here to compare. And also go to born to learn http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/forums/cc/f/24/t/21662.aspx and post our feedback there.

my card looks like rubbish too.
  • Options
    I've posted a reply on their & all the other forums with the wallet cards in them. Hopefully it was just a dodgy run and they can produce better replacements
  • Options
    Just had an email from them with a code for a free replacement and a promise of a better quality card.
  • Options
    JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Am I the only one a little annoyed you can not list your specializations on the card ? I mean...if ya have multiple MCTS certs or MCITP certs, the card does zero to tell anyone what you are actually certified in, as opposed to a card from CompTIA that actually says A+, Network+, etc...