Options

CBT Nuggets (Can you only download to one computer)?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I don't have access to my desktop and my laptop will be returned at the end of the week. I don't have my new laptop yet. I want to purchase the Nuggets, but I am concerned that I will only be able to view them on one machine?

I went to the site and I am still unsure if this is correct or not.

Any assistance please.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I would recommend that you contact them.

However, in the past, once your account was created, (I was able to watch) the online videos were part of the account...If I'm not mistaken, I can still access my old videos.

Again, I would check with them directly.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    I would recommend that you contact them.

However, in the past, once your account was created, (I was able to watch) the online videos were part of the account...If I'm not mistaken, I can still access my old videos.

Again, I would check with them directly.

I just found this q&a on their forum. Does this sound like a lifetime package for the CBT?

"What is Electronic Delivery/Download?At the point of your purchase of an individual product, you can select "Electronic Download" as the delivery method.
    Once the order is completely processed, you can download the training immediately from your account. The content of the compressed file is identical to the contents of the CD/DVD media. The zip file can be extracted to a directory and used from there. The extracted files can also be written to a CD/DVD if you prefer. Please DO archive a copy of the zip file for safe-keeping. Enjoy"!
  • Options
    I rolled the dice and bought the CBT's. You get 72 hours for the video and then the download comes. It worked out for me afterall! lol
  • Options
    I just spoke to a rep and if you choose the download option you can get two free downloads for that particular module. I am assuming desktop and laptop.

Anyway I am very excited to get on the PMP nuggets. It's been a while since I was excited about a certification. I am finding this to be less and less as my years accumulate.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've purchased CD's before, and to my knowledge I could use them anywhere as long as I authenticated first.

I've also done the streaming, and I don't see how they can limit you there.

It sounds like they limit you to 2 downloads, but then you should be able to transfer them to as many computers as you want as long as you are the only one viewing them. The limit of 2 is probably just a bandwidth saver.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I've purchased CD's before, and to my knowledge I could use them anywhere as long as I authenticated first.

I've also done the streaming, and I don't see how they can limit you there.

It sounds like they limit you to 2 downloads, but then you should be able to transfer them to as many computers as you want as long as you are the only one viewing them. The limit of 2 is probably just a bandwidth saver.

I received the two downloads + the streaming. I think you are right.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_cry.gif ** .mp3 access is limited to the annual subscriptions

I hope VLC player for android doesn't take too much longer to come out
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    I rolled the dice and bought the CBT's. You get 72 hours for the video and then the download comes. It worked out for me afterall! lol

I’m going to purchase the CBT Nugget for windows 7 70-680…You have to wait 72 hours to download? Do you mean after you pay for the download? How did you like downloading VS having the CD? I always like having a physical copy of things.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    I’m going to purchase the CBT Nugget for windows 7 70-680…You have to wait 72 hours to download? Do you mean after you pay for the download? How did you like downloading VS having the CD? I always like having a physical copy of things.

I loved it. Just fired up the application tonight and the Nugget is quality. Two thumbs up.
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    buzz player/buzz player hd on ipad plays the cbt nuggets without problems.
    There is a version for android

vlc on ipad or mac won't play them
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014