Options

WGU readiness assessment test

blue_butterflyblue_butterfly Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am in the process of applying to MS iNfosec and assurance at WGU
Besides the transcripts I need to pass on the readiness assessment test.
Any tips about the material to study? Is it hard?
Thank you
A+
Net+
Security + in progress

Comments

• Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    It is a very straight forward "test". There isn't anything to study really. Don't sweat it. The math isn't dificult by any means and the Essay requirements are not hard. Just allow yourself time with no distractions.
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    KrisA wrote: »
    It is a very straight forward "test". There isn't anything to study really. Don't sweat it. The math isn't dificult by any means and the Essay requirements are not hard. Just allow yourself time with no distractions.

I'll second this-- it's not that hard, just tough to do with any kind of racket going. Not something to do with kids playing and a TV blaring. :)
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can breathe you'll pass it.
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I passed it while watching Inception. The math section took me less than 10 minutes. The longest was the essay. I spent about 20 or 30 minutes on it and then had my wife proofread it. Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just took mine last week. Basic math, reading and language comprehension, and write an essay. Took me little over an hour, mostly with the math.
  • Options
    blue_butterflyblue_butterfly Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all!
    A+
    Net+
    Security + in progress
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Is this still un-proctored?
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Have you passed the 6th grade? If so, you can pass this "test". It's unproctored, but you won't need to ****. If you can't pass the test, you will have major issues with any higher education you decide to take, and would need to focus on high school (or below) level education first.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    PC509 wrote: »
    Have you passed the 6th grade? If so, you can pass this "test". It's unproctored, but you won't need to ****. If you can't pass the test, you will have major issues with any higher education you decide to take, and would need to focus on high school (or below) level education first.

I was more so asking about a proctor to see if its timed and if you can sit there and work through some problems. Entrance exams always make me freeze, haha.
  • Options
    drumrolfedrumrolfe Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RTmarc wrote: »
    If you can breathe you'll pass it.

^ Almost completely true.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As others have said, just relax and take your time. I was able to complete the test in 45 mins to an hour.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I applied for the Database program then the MBA program a while back and had to take the assessment. It wasn't bad at all.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you ever had to take a basic skills test to get into college (not to be confused with a standardized test like SAT/ACT), you will find WGU's readiness test to be much easier than that. Even if you were a C/D student.

This exam really is nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    jmsantosjmsantos Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the readiness assessment yesterday. I learned that I have passed it. I recommend that you spend a little bit of time doing a math review. Khan Academy helped me a lot. Specially reviewing algebra's order of operation, absolute values, graphic lines, and fractions. For the English section the main focus of the test is making sure you comprehend the language and can write as well. Make sure you do the test in a quiet area.