Options

Changed job roles today (promotion)

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I consider this a promotion. I went from senior technicial team lead to transition lead. I will be focused more on processes and service transitions and projects. I was more in day to day prior to this role, even though there were some elements that dipped into the transition realm.

I will be officially working at home and never having to come in the office. This is my biggest raise. I will also have a training budget for the rest of my ITIL courses if I do indeed seek them out. My pay is pretty much the same, but I didn't want to come across greedy considering I was about to give them my 2 weeks notice a few months back on a closed ended resignation letter.

I can't thank my Boss enough and the support from the forum.

Remember keep striving hard and you will get where you want to go. Never give up.

-Patrick

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Congrats! Welcome to the "Working form home" club.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    N2IT wrote: »
    This is my biggest raise.
    My pay is pretty much the same, but I didn't want to come across greedy

Soooo did you get a raise...these are a bit conflicting? sorry just curious
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome news! Congrats.
  • Options
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    Soooo did you get a raise...these are a bit conflicting? sorry just curious

My bill rate is still the same.

The "raise" is me receiving work from home 247 and a training budget if it's geared towards ITIL. The service company I work for is very ITIL so they see value in the overall framework.

Sorry for any confusion.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Sounds like a great deal. Congrats!
  • Options
    nhprnhpr Member Posts: 165
    Congrats! There's nothing like working from home wearing nothing but your undies.

I noticed you're heading to Rochester, MN. Are you by any chance working for a company that produces catheters?
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats N2IT!!! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    opngrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    nhpr wrote: »
    Congrats! There's nothing like working from home wearing nothing but your undies.

I noticed you're heading to Rochester, MN. Are you by any chance working for a company that produces catheters?

Our customer is a biotech company.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats man!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Get in touch when you get into town.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Grats on the news!
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    Well Done!
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    effektedeffekted Member Posts: 166
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the gratz. It will be a new and challenging job, I can't wait to be honest.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! One of the biggest challenges with working from home is connecting with folks. I know it is a bit difficult for me, but I only work from home 1-2 days per week and I can plan out those two days fairly well; we have a guy on our contract that works from home (several hundreds of miles away) and he comes in one week each quarter... it is very difficult for him when communicating with the people in the office. Just keep that in mind and find a means of communication that works for you. It may be annoying to others, at least at first, but you probably want to over-communicate, a bit.

The other challenge is turning it off when the day is done. I have that problem regardless of my working environment, but it is even more difficult when you work at home.

Best wishes! Let us know if you run into any predicaments. I am still trying to arrange the PMP study via WebEx. Speaking of which, maybe you need a WebEx account for work, that way you can do "face-to-face" conversations, occasionally.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    N2IT, man, congrats!

That is so great you now get to work from home!

Keep on working hard.
  • Options
    Thanks again all.

I am a little concerned because I only had 8 total months experience at my last tech lead job. However it is with the same company just in a different role. I'm wondering if I should just keep running the experience together/consolidate and list my most recent job, or break them out on linkedin and on a resume.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    I usually just stick with my last title.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,567 Mod
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    UnixGuy wrote: »

That was amazing! Absolutely fantastic!
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□

You, sir, are responsible for one hour of my life being wasted on the intertubes instead of being productive. Good call! icon_wink.gif
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options

Haha, that is freakin awesome! Thanks for causing me to be less productive today by being required to send out a mass email.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

I may actually buy the poster...lmao!

The football banter was hilarious.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! That's awesome.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Congrats man! That's awesome.

Cheers!

Thanks man. I have 2 weeks to rest before I start gradually taking on work for my new role. My boss is great I offered to start right away, he said "Nah take the kids to school relax and study for your PMP".

My schedule looks like this for now
    Week 1 maybe 3 hours of work
    Week 2 maybe 5 hours
    Week 3 10-15
    Week 4 same
    Week 5 20-30 (planning)
    Week 6 20-30 (planning)

So as you can see I am part time till January however I do have quiet a bit of vacation time to offset the hours missed. Besides I reallllllllllly want to get the PMP before January.

2012 is going to be the GMAT and applying for high level MBA programs. Hopefully top 25 but if not I will focus on a mid tier one. The main objective is to accrue as much knowledge as possible for mid level management and project management.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cheers!

Thanks man. I have 2 weeks to rest before I start gradually taking on work for my new role. My boss is great I offered to start right away, he said "Nah take the kids to school relax and study for your PMP".

My schedule looks like this for now
    Week 1 maybe 3 hours of work
    Week 2 maybe 5 hours
    Week 3 10-15
    Week 4 same
    Week 5 20-30 (planning)
    Week 6 20-30 (planning)

So as you can see I am part time till January however I do have quiet a bit of vacation time to offset the hours missed. Besides I reallllllllllly want to get the PMP before January.

2012 is going to be the GMAT and applying for high level MBA programs. Hopefully top 25 but if not I will focus on a mid tier one. The main objective is to accrue as much knowledge as possible for mid level management and project management.

I'm late to the party as usual :P

Congrats bro on another advancement in your career!
  • Options
    I'm late to the party as usual :P

Congrats bro on another advancement in your career!

Rogue thanks man I appreciate it.

The moral of this story is don't submit a close ended resignation letter. It's one of the most idiotic things you can do, I speak from experience. My boss just shook his head. He said "Don't send that to me again talk to me first and we can possibly get you into a different role". While I am not guarnteed a job for 3 years like I had before, I am guarnteed 3-4 months of transition/project experience/work (minimum) with some additional work patching Unix/Linux servers. Obviously it's a bizarre career path, but I have a wonderful reputation with our customers and the service company I work for so I am hoping to stay on in any capacity. Eventually Windows 7 project will materialize and hopefully I'll roll into that as a Project Lead. There are a few other items out there, but they are immature at this point.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like a great position to have! Congrats on the promo

Schedule you have there looks sick too