Question about autofit guest in Workstation 8

exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've just installed workstation 8 today. The only annoying thing that I have found so far is that the autofit guest feature does not automatically adjust the guest resolution during bootup but works when I re-size the window(linux guests). I didn't have this issue with Workstation 7. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Haven't noticed it... did you update the tools on the guest?
  • exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everyone wrote: »
    Haven't noticed it... did you update the tools on the guest?

I have.
    I just tried a Windows guest and I'm having the same issue.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What is your host OS?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    Windows 7 64 bit pro.
    I just installed VMware workstation 8 on my desktop and I don't have this issue, strange.

UPDATE: I spoke too soon, I'm now having issues with it installed on my desktop.
  • terryferaterryfera Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've ran in to this issue the odd time with 8. If I use the menu option to "Fit guest now" it will go along with when I resize but on boot it will not resize. I haven't found a cause/solution yet.

This has happened on both machines built in 7 and upgraded as well as fresh install in 8.
    The issue appears to now be fixed in Version 8.0.1.