Options

right order of juniper exams

saintshakasaintshaka Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all this is my first topic, and i hope i have not "broken" any rules.
Im interested to get these certifications, but i need some aids.
Im looking for the right order of the exams, in a clear ladder.
I read i must start with JN0-101 Exam and the 2 pdfs provided opn fasttrack + 5 hours netowrking fundamentals tutorial are enough to pass the exam. Is it right, or i have missed something to study ( is there a simulator i can use ) ?
Moreover after this exam, what other #exam should i take ?

i thank everybody will be so educate to help me.
thanks a lot and greetings from italy
joe

Comments

• Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Hey there. Yes, no matter which track Enterprise, Security, or Service provider, the JNCIA-JUNOS exam is the first exam to take. Then it would break out into one of the specializations mentioned above.

So it would go JNCIA --> JNCIS --> JNCIP --> JNCIE

This page has a pretty good breakdown of the different tracks and their paths: Juniper Networks Certification Program Tracks

The fast track materials should be enough if you have CCNA level knowledge already. Simulators are limited but you can set up an Olive : Olive - Juniper Clue

Or you could optionally purchase a couple SRX100's for relatively cheap. There are some rack rental companies out there but the prices are pretty steep generally.
  • Options
    saintshakasaintshaka Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    Hey there. Yes, no matter which track Enterprise, Security, or Service provider, the JNCIA-JUNOS exam is the first exam to take. Then it would break out into one of the specializations mentioned above.

So it would go JNCIA --> JNCIS --> JNCIP --> JNCIE

thanks for your advice Ryan ! i really appreciated it, ciao and take care
  • Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    saintshaka wrote: »
    I read i must start with JN0-101 Exam and the 2 pdfs provided opn fasttrack + 5 hours netowrking fundamentals tutorial are enough to pass the exam. Is it right, or i have missed something to study ( is there a simulator i can use ) ?

joe

What course books are you studying?
    For study guide checkout http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/JNCIA_studyguide.pdf

For hands on experience try JUNOS simulator here Download Juniper Network Simulator <-- This is demo only.