The wait begins!

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
I took the CISSP exam on October 15th and now comes the long wait for the results! When I left the test facility my initial feeling was that the results could go either way... I felt that I either came really close or that I barely passed. Now, the more I dwell on it the more pessimistic I feel about it. I suppose that's normal though.

I will say that the exam was far more difficult than I imagined. I think I checked off 80 or more questions that I narrowed down to 2 correct answers and struggled with determining which would be the best given the scenario. Ouch!

Update: I received my results today... I Passed!

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The waiting game sucks. Best of luck.
  • badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    Post exam stress for the CISSP is nothing new, and you are not alone in this regard. Try not to dwell on it and focus on other things in life. You will have your results shortly, and consider yourself fortunate: ISACA tells candidates that it can take up to 8 weeks to obtain your results for their exams (It took approx. 7 weeks to obtain my results for the CISM, for instance).
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took the CISSP exam on October 15th and now comes the long wait for the results! When I left the test facility my initial feeling was that the results could go either way... I felt that I either came really close or that I barely passed. Now, the more I dwell on it the more pessimistic I feel about it. I suppose that's normal though.

I will say that the exam was far more difficult than I imagined. I think I checked off 80 or more questions that I narrowed down to 2 correct answers and struggled with determining which would be the best given the scenario. Ouch!

I'm right there with you man! I think I did fairly well but anything can happen.

Right now I'm just going straight into my next cert studies to keep my mind off it. I have my notes indexed incase anything happens. All I know is I never want to take that exam again! icon_lol.gif
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I'm right there with you man! I think I did fairly well but anything can happen.

Right now I'm just going straight into my next cert studies to keep my mind off it. I have my notes indexed incase anything happens. All I know is I never want to take that exam again! icon_lol.gif

I hear you! The exam was a beast! I finished in about 4½ hours, which means I could have sat there and flipped through the book to recheck my answers. I was afraid that if I did that I would start second guessing myself and I really didn't want to do that.
  • ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Good luck and I wish you all the best. I have the CISSP in my sights in a couple of years when I think I will be a little more prepared. Can you you tell us what you used as a study material?
  • certjunkie22certjunkie22 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i sat for CISSP on 10-15-11 in michigan too. still waiting on results, that was one tough cookie. I did second guess myself some, but hopefully for the better.
    I just received my results today... I Passed!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! That's gotta feel good!
  • Laztech200Laztech200 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!! Feels good to get that Pass email.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Thanks! Yes, it is a big relief to have the passing results. It was a rough (almost) 4 weeks to wait. Now I have to await the endorsement which was sent in today.... This wait shouldn't be as bad.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks! Yes, it is a big relief to have the passing results. It was a rough (almost) 4 weeks to wait. Now I have to await the endorsement which was sent in today.... This wait shouldn't be as bad.

Official congrats bro! Not to thread jack but I'm happy to say I passed as well. October 15th seems to be a lucky date! :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Official congrats bro! Not to thread jack but I'm happy to say I passed as well. October 15th seems to be a lucky date! :)

Congrats to you as well!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats MegaDeth!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just received my results today... I Passed!

Congrats!!! That wait is a killer, I am always glad to hear a CISSP success story :)
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • rhwhite4rhwhite4 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations MegaDeath. Your original post summed up my feelings exactly. I took the test on October 29th and hope my results are as good as yours.
  • ulstermanulsterman Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am still waiting on the 15th Oct London test results. It will be 5 weeks this Saturday. Nail biting
  • biggamblerbiggambler Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    U still waiting for endorsement? I had sent mine on 15th of Nov, still waiting.
    I sent mine in on 11/11/11 and have not yet heard back on the endorsement.
  • biggamblerbiggambler Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any news on the endorsement?
    As of this moment, nothing. I'll give it the full 6 weeks, which is in just over 1 week, and then if I don't hear anything I'll contact them.
    Just got the E-Mail yesterday. I can now use the CISSP designation! Woohoo!