Anybody know if Microsoft is currently offering Second Shot opportunities currently?

I'm looking to finally get back to finishing my MCSE and am wondering if Microsoft still offers the Second Shot like they used to in the event that I don't pass on my first attempt.

On a side note...been way too long since I've been back here! I like the redesign, job well done admin! My previous employer didn't pay for my certs and I got sidetracked. However, I'm back to being a billable IT commodity (this time as a consultant) and they will again pay for my certs. Alas, here I am back in the mix.

Good to see you guys again after so long.
Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
* Sec+ 2008
* MCSA

Currently Studying for:
* 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
* 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
* 70-647 Server 2008
* 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't think so. Would be posted here Discounts on Certification Exams l Microsoft Product Training Offers l Classroom Training Offer if they were.

Welcome back!

Some free training things over here. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/special-offers.aspx#tab3
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    Thanks for the quick response Devilsbane, it is much appreciated.
    Current Certifications:

* Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:

Future Plans:

* 70-647 Server 2008
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Welcome back. I am in a similar situation. Hell, I didn't realize MS raised their test prices either. Second shot would be nice, I had a 3 pack w/ second shot that I had to let expire due to workload in June. ****kicks self in rear**** That was FREE money to MS, still can't believe I did that. I'll get the company to pay some how, since it was their fault, but still.

Good to see you back and I'll see you over in the 294 area once you finish 293!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    SrSysAdmin wrote: »
    I'm looking to finally get back to finishing my MCSE and am wondering if Microsoft still offers the Second Shot like they used to in the event that I don't pass on my first attempt.

There are some guys on ebay selling vouchers with a free retake for about $100, they worked fine, are legitimate, and emailed the voucher within minutes of paypal.

Edit: FYI I did purchase one myself last month.
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    novovictus wrote: »
    There are some guys on ebay selling vouchers with a free retake for about $100, they worked fine, are legitimate, and emailed the voucher within minutes of paypal.

Edit: FYI I did purchase one myself last month.

I've had bad luck with buying vouchers on eBay in the past. I only did it once and nearly got burned...fortunately I got PayPal to refund my money but it was a big headache to get to that point.
    Current Certifications:

* Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:

Future Plans:

* 70-647 Server 2008