Added Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) practice exam!

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
I'm pleased to announce that I just uploaded our first set of CEH practice questions. icon_cool.gif

These questions are written by our very own /usr and cover 20 of the 22 modules of the Certified Ethical Hacker exam so far. This first set covers more general security concepts and theory, while future questions will focus more on commands and utilities.

You can find the practice exam on the CEH page here:
icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/ecc_ceh.shtml

If you have any questions or comments regarding these questions don't hesitate to post them in the forums.

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I hope more people use the links, recommendations, practice exam, and other resources, as this certification begins to pick up a little. I'm almost positive that TechExams has more in depth information regarding the exam than any other site at the moment. Hopefully this will attract people who are currently pursuing, or thinking of pursuing this cert.
    As Webmaster said, feel free to post questions regarding the exam. If you come across something you feel should be added to the links section, please let me know. If you feel as though I've made an error in writing the practice questions, don't hesitate to PM me and we can discuss it as well.

Hope all of the information that has been put up so far helps at least one person. icon_wink.gif
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Cool test! Thanks /usr.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I notice in the CEH section you don't list Mitnick's new book "The Art of Intrusion." I highly recommend it. It's a great read for technical hacks, not just SE.

I attended his book signing in March and got both my "The Art of.." copies signed by Mitnick. He's a really nice, friendly, and informative guy. I could listen to him talk for days.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764569597/qid=1114780915/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-0329251-3660141?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    jdmurray wrote:
    I notice in the CEH section you don't list Mitnick's new book "The Art of Intrusion." I highly recommend it. It's a great read for technical hacks, not just SE.
    Thanks, I'll add it.
    I attended his book signing in March and got both my "The Art of.." copies signed by Mitnick. He's a really nice, friendly, and informative guy. I could listen to him talk for days.
    icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif
    I didn't even know this book existed, but I'm getting ready to order it. icon_wink.gif
    Thanks!
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes, I have both of those books as well (PDF version of The Art of Deception). They are very informative and easy reads as well. It's like many short storys (true stories however) basically different hacks and how they were carried out. Must reads for anyone serious about being in security. I favored The Art of Intrusion a little, but they are both very good.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Good start to the test...I like it..thanks /usr
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
    Thanks, I'm glad you like them!