Recertification requirements to be enacted from SQL 2012 onward...

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
Looks like this new MS re-certification policy will only impact SQL ITP certs (2012 and forward), Azure certs and Phone Developer certs, with the current version of SQL Server not requiring re-certification.

Microsoft Certification Exam Registration Questions l Exam Preparation FAQ l Exam Policies
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Seems like they are trying to get rid of the "Best if used by" date mentality for their phone software and where they are taking Azure. That makes sense to me. The main server will still follow the milk, butter and eggs date expiration scheme and force you to get certified on newer versions. I am assuming that they are hoping to maintain a three year upgrade cycle on server i.e. 2012, 2015, etc. Lots of people have complained about "why no re-certs" required so it is a case of be careful what you wish for....
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO