Options

Cisco Certified Architect - CCAr

FirecellFirecell Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Do you know anyone that is Cisco Certified Architect? How hard is this? lol

Cisco Certified Architect - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Comments

• Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    I watched the video on Youtube talking to the first 2, they work for Cisco so I don't see it going outside for some time.. Also I found

CCAr - CCIE Hall of Fame - Shows there is only 3.

Meet the First Two Cisco Certified Architects (Part 1) - YouTube <- First 2 interview
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Firecell wrote: »
    Do you know anyone that is Cisco Certified Architect? How hard is this? lol

Cisco Certified Architect - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

A vanity certification that will 99% reside with Cisco. I wouldn't get hung up on it. Same with MCA. Total architecture solutions need to account for more than one vendor. These certifications dont.
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    And as far as I know, those two recently went to HP.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Turgon wrote: »
    A vanity certification that will 99% reside with Cisco. I wouldn't get hung up on it. Same with MCA. Total architecture solutions need to account for more than one vendor. These certifications dont.

Architects at this level work for huge corporations providing services to other huge corporations. The total architecture solution package isn't just 1 person. They will have certified architects from more than 1 vendor working together.

I've never met a CCAr, but I have met (and worked with) an MCA, and spoken with 2 other MCAs. The one I met worked for Dell, the 2 I spoke with, worked for Microsoft. Very rare, most people will go their entire IT career without ever meeting one, let alone ever even come close to becoming one.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They are not gods, they are just in possession of a qualification few people have or need. Your point is well made though, but given the low numbers of holders it is not a requirement to have it to deliver consultancy at this level. The network engineering crowd balked when this came out, but unnecessarily so IMHO as the qualification has little value unless you are locked into a global vendor at a very senior level. Even then it will be 10 years hence before the truth worth of this qualification can be measured.