Options

Windows Server 2008 R2 Virtualization Administrator

FirecellFirecell Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
How popular are Windows Server 2008 R2 Virtualizations in the workplace? Is this certification in high-demand? Specifically, the Atlanta area, if known.

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ???

A virtualization skillset is one of the more sought-after traits in the marketplace today. Choose your OS and virtualization platform poison. There's a demand for it all.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    RTmarc wrote: »
    ???

A virtualization skillset is one of the more sought-after traits in the marketplace today. Choose your OS and virtualization platform poison. There's a demand for it all.

+1.

Check out job opportunities on Dice/CareerBuilder/Indeed.com in your area.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    vCole wrote: »
    +1.

Check out job opportunities on Dice/CareerBuilder/Indeed.com in your area.

Yep. This is my non-scientific method. Although not authoritative it provides a good snapshot of most popular qualifications.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From what I've seen, there isn't much demand for the cert. I believe it is because most companies tend to care about one or maybe two products covered by the MCITP: VA. Some companies need Hyper-V and SCVMM skills, some want RDS, and a few care about App-V, MED-V, and the rest. The only recruiters I've been in touch with who cared about this cert were filling positions at Microsoft.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you want a virtualization cert, VCP will give you much better bang for the buck.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    VCP and CCA's in XenDesktop/Server/App