Options

Free Microsoft Training - DNS

kklentzkklentz Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Understanding and Troubleshooting DNS in Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330511

156MB Download - ISO image file needs to be burned to CD. 3 hours 50 minutes of training.

Comments

• Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    The page you were looking for is currently not available. The address may not be correct, or there may be a temporary problem with this site.

icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Great link, thanks for sharing. (I corrected the url)
  • Options
    Webmaster, thnx. Thought you might like this.

Something must have happened to the url when I created this post. I posted the same message to examnotes.net and copied it here.
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    thnx for the link
  • Options
    spacemancwspacemancw Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I download the ISO file and burned it to a CD

I start up the CD with the start.htm page and I get these two guys (looking cery afraid of the camera), Mark Simos & Bill Noonan.

The video goes up to the point where the slide says:

Let’s Get Started!
    DNS Terms and Concepts Part 1

To review materials in this module: 1. Click Play.
    <OR> 2. Select a slide from the Index.

I click the link to "DNS Terms and Concepts Part 1 " and the page, F:\MPS\03-RSE-DS_DNS\Mod1\slides1_files\NextClp.htm, pops up. Then nuthin.

I have all the latest Windows updates ... I have Media Player 9.0. Why can I get no further? Anyone else have success. I also go to the index button .. select a topic and get 'Error on Page"

thanx

spacemancw
    Yahoo Instant Messanger : spacemancw
  • Options
    I have WMP 7.1 running and the program works correctly. I downloaded the WMP 9 for testing.

I installed Media Player 9 and got the same results as spacemancw. I then uninstalled WMP9 and reinstalled Media Player 7.1. With this, the program works correctly again.

So, I would suggest getting and staying with WMP 7.1.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    This error is caused by a security feature in WMP 9 that will not allow scripts to walk the file system using relative pathnames ("..\..\somefile.htm").

You can "fix" this problem by changing all of the relative pathnames to absolute pathnames in all of the htm and js files, or by playing the files on a Windows system with an earlier version of WMP installed.

Apparently this security feature has broken many browser-based presentations--including some from Microsoft itself.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Great Link - Thank you.

Are there others similar to this there? I looked but have only found information on 'corrections to their texts'.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=training&catalog=LCID%3D1033&qryWt=Microsoft+Windows+2000&mode=r&cus=False
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?