Options

Difference between overclocking using BIOS setup and using software?

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, i truly do wonder this very much. While my old desktop computer was alive, i tried using rivatuner software
application in order to go higher clock speeds on nvidia leadtek 6800 xt graphics card. however, i didn't touch BIOS thing
for any hardware.

Furthermore, i had intel p4 2.8 GHz CPU on that desktop computer. But, i didn't attempt to change the clock speed or
multiplier on BIOS screen and never used a software for overclocking it. 'words 'risky' and 'may not function after' frightened
me so much.

1) By looking at my story, what can you say about the difference? Which is more beneficial? Which method should be chosen?

2) Why BIOS needs to be activated in that situation?

what i know about BIOS is booting the system then accessing the operating system on harddrive or other boot sectors then
delivering its task to control hardware and software to the operating system.
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments