Options

Passed core

dakingdaking Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got 790 :) . Questions were more straightforward then I expected. Most questions I got were easy troubleshooting. I studied so hard for SCSI and got only one super easy question on it. Only one IRQ question. My advice know your cable types and lengths, printers. The funny thing is a bunch of questions were the same for me just worded differently.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    I noticed that as well - several questions over the exact same concept or scenario. It actually made me stop and second guess myself a few times. icon_lol.gif

Grats on the pass.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Great job
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Congrats!
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass :D
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    What book did you use to pass the Core Exam ? I am studying the Mike Meyers, A+ Certification Passport ? I have 5 yrs of IT experience in Networking, PC Repair, Web Programming with an A.S. Degree in CIS.
    I pass the OS exam under the 2001 objective but i did not finish the Core exam under 2001 objective. I know comptia updated the test to 2003 objective. Any tips would be helpful ? Also, anyone have 220-301 Core Exam transcenders ? If so, i am willing to trade, i have several MCSA updated **** to trade.

I used the Mike Meyers All in one, also read the passport. Borrowed some other books from people and library like Sybex A+ Fast Pass and The A+ Exams Guide 2003 which is not bad. The fact is that I didn't read any whole book, just sections I wasnt sure or to review. I really dont have any previous certs but have been using computers since 1994 so I guess most of my help came from experience. Try doing all the practice questions you can I found alot of the ones on the net and from like a 'certain' test company were very close to the questions. Just don't trust the answers from those tests. If you don't trust an answer and your sure look it up on Google. You can find detailed information about anything.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    daking wrote:
    Got 790 :) . Questions were more straightforward then I expected. Most questions I got were easy troubleshooting. I studied so hard for SCSI and got only one super easy question on it. Only one IRQ question. My advice know your cable types and lengths, printers. The funny thing is a bunch of questions were the same for me just worded differently.
    daking wrote:
    I used the Mike Meyers All in one, also read the passport. Borrowed some other books from people and library like Sybex A+ Fast Pass and The A+ Exams Guide 2003 which is not bad. The fact is that I didn't read any whole book, just sections I wasnt sure or to review. I really dont have any previous certs but have been using computers since 1994 so I guess most of my help came from experience. Try doing all the practice questions you can I found alot of the ones on the net and from like a 'certain' test company were very close to the questions. Just don't trust the answers from those tests. If you don't trust an answer and your sure look it up on Google. You can find detailed information about anything.

Well I would offer a congratulations however it appears you used unethical material to PASS. Sorry to hear you needed to **** to pass the A+ it is a pretty easy exam if you know the material. icon_sad.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Well I would offer a congratulations however it appears you used unethical material to PASS. Sorry to hear you needed to **** to pass the A+ it is a pretty easy exam if you know the material. icon_sad.gif

What was unethical? All I did additionally was borrow certifcation tests that people had bought from the internet and were available at my college including software cd's. Aren't those legal?
  • Options
    paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    Well I would offer a congratulations however it appears you used unethical material to PASS. Sorry to hear you needed to **** to pass the A+ it is a pretty easy exam if you know the material.
    ****? Unehtical? Maybe those words should be banned from this site. (Or shuld be substituted with some other words).
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It appears that the words that were previously substituted are not there. When I wrote my post, your message had two sentences which had been replaced censored text indicating a **** site was used.

Today, that doesn't appear to be the case icon_confused.gif:

If in fact you prepared with proper study material, then please accept my apology and congratulations. If not, then my comment stands.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    plantwiz, out of curioosity I looked around and came up with this and your concerns became very clear to me.
    http://www.mcmcse.com/articles/braindumps.shtml (Man, the things that I am learning on this site).
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
  • Options
    ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    Great Job Excellent score :D
  • Options
    B-RadB-Rad Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did anybody study off the questions that are on this site. They seem alot different from any other questions I have taken. I have the exam cram book and I used the questions and cd out of there is that good enough.