Options

Passed 70-642

JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
This test has been the hardest for me so far. I barely made it, but passing is passing.

Materials used:
MS Press Self Paced Training Kit :70-642
Labsim testout course for 70-642
CBT Nuggets Video series.

I think I should have taken more time to prepare, but with classes moving along, I wanted to at least attempt to get it out of the way.

Starting studies on 70-640, hoping I will do better on this one. I kinda hated the 642 exam.
It was borderline to the point I honestly wonder if I passed based on a few guesses since ya have a 25% chance of getting the question right even if ya dont know it.

Comments

• Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Do you think the CBT videos helped? Congrats on the pass.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like you said "a pass is a pass" I too am wondering what you thought of the CBT Nuggets videos.
  • Options
    IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass ,
    The same question , Cbt nuggets was helpfull for 70-642 r2 version ?
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Good job on the pass and stop doubting yourself.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmmm, the best answer I can give is this. I think James Conrad does a good job on his videos, despite getting side tracked some times. For me going into this and studying for a solid month, 8-10 hours a day, and had not alot of prior experience with Win2k8 R2, I think it did enough. If you have experience already, it might not help as much, but I will say I felt there was alot more detail in the CBT nugget videos I watched than in the couple of trainsignal videos I tried. So in my opinion, for video sake, the CBT nugget videos explain alot more in regards to exam objectives.

In regards to R2 itself, its harder for me to answer because Win2k8 R2 is the only version I've used, and its the only book I have, so I do not know what new technologies may have been added. Using the combined book, plus vids, plus labsim program covered most of the bases. I think my biggest down fall despite passing was that I spent so much time making sure I had particular domains down pat as opposed to ensuring I gave enough time to each section of study. I didn't run into any questions that made me go " I've no idea what they are even talking about ", so the material had been covered, I just didn't study it enough to fully understand the technologies and how they operated.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63