Options

NOC Tech job openings in Louisville, KY

ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
Anyone looking for a job and willing to move? If you have a pulse and have your CCENT the company I work for (quitting in a week) is looking for several new NOC Techs. The pay range is on the low side, but this is great for people looking for experience. They asked if I know anyone, but really I don't get out much. Figured some of you guys might be interested. If you forward your contact info to me I can get you a phone interview. Here's the job description/requirements: JOB DESCRIPTION: This position will function to diagnose and resolve customer reported and network reported Data/HSI, Video, and Telephony faults within a 24 x 7 x 365 network operations facility designed to provide service assurance of all the networks of the company. JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: Provide technical support and backup to NOC Surveillance group as needed. Follow NOC SOP for alarm management and outage notifications. Coordinate with Network Operations, Engineering, Technical Operations, vendors and other support groups to diagnose and resolve troubles. Provide ongoing and ad-hoc analysis of alerts and errors. Identify and diagnose recent network changes and application failures. Identify operational issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make trouble resolution more efficient. Must have a thorough understanding of technologies currently implemented within the Data/HSI, Video, and Telephony networks. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate 24x7x365 coverage. Must be customer focused, a team player, and a self-starter. Perform other duties as assigned by management. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) Certification At least 1 year of experience supporting Data/HSI, Video, and/or Telephony networks. High School Diploma or Equivalent. Excellent computer skills. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to effectively manage to deadlines. Ability to interface at all levels within the organization. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification Previous NOC experience. Previous experience with Netcool, Remedy, Solarwinds, and/or network monitoring systems/tools. Associate Degree Experience supporting Cable/RF Plant. Experience working with Cisco routers and switches. Experience working with CMTS (Arris C4, Cisco Ubr 7200s).
Climb a mountain, tell no one.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry about the formatting. When I go to edit the post, all I see is a blank slate. I'll try again later...
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mike-Mike is in Louisville and has his CCENT. He might be interested in this gig.
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    Mike-Mike is in Louisville and has his CCENT. He might be interested in this gig.

We'd previously talked about it - the pay here is entry level. Ballpark $17 - $20/hour, typically (not an official number).
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    That is more then I make now. Wish I was in the area, I would be jumping at it.
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    PM sent.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    yeah, I'm kind of interested, but that's lower pay than I'm currently making... tough call.. good looking out N2IT and ehnde
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wish it were in Virginia, close to me. I would just at it instantly.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    right before I saw this post yesterday, i had made a request for more responsibility at work... asking to help out in another department, the lead in that department wants me on board, said she would discuss it with my current boss (I have discussed it with her as well) so if they bump me up, I'll be good to stay here... if they stall me out on the Service Desk, then I'll be checking that NOC out
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do they have any part-time weekend work?
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    powerfool wrote: »
    Do they have any part-time weekend work?

I can ask on Tuesday when I go in to work. Everyone is FT, but it can't hurt to ask (they're short on weekends).
  • Options
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    right before I saw this post yesterday, i had made a request for more responsibility at work... asking to help out in another department, the lead in that department wants me on board, said she would discuss it with my current boss (I have discussed it with her as well) so if they bump me up, I'll be good to stay here... if they stall me out on the Service Desk, then I'll be checking that NOC out

You could always talk to TekSystems/Lakeshore and tell them you'd be willing to go work at Insight, but only for....$22/hour? See if they bite? I think they're going to be more and more willing to be flexible on a number of things because of the NOC labor shortage.
  • Options
    ehnde wrote: »
    You could always talk to TekSystems/Lakeshore and tell them you'd be willing to go work at Insight, but only for....$22/hour? See if they bite? I think they're going to be more and more willing to be flexible on a number of things because of the NOC labor shortage.

yeah, I'll talk it over with the wifey and see how my current job plays nice on Monday. Thanks again man, this is really tempting
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark