Options

Passed 70-647

SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just passed this today

now onto the next exam was thinking that i would take a break from Microsoft exams, until the next version of SQL arrives and maybe doing a networking or a security one. Is there a good network vendor neutral exam or are the cisco ones the best? also which exams would people advise for security i have had a look at CEH or EC-Council Network Security Administrator but would like peoples opinions to if the exams and qualifications are worth it?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Great Job! Are the test-lets as bad as people make them out to be?
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • Options
    cheers

This happened to be a free retake of this exam so i was used to the testlets so didnt find them as bad as i had the first time i took the exam but i did find them harder than the other questions.

hope that helps
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats on passing.

I would go with Cisco exams. It's the most in demand.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    thanks. how long did your CCNA take to do?
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SamHawkins wrote: »
    thanks. how long did your CCNA take to do?

Studying full time it took 2-3 months.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    What are the testlets that you guys are referring to? Just starting to crack into this exam, so sorry if it's been covered before.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • Options
    Testlets are like mini-exams. Each one is timed and has a differing amount of questions. Once you move to the next testlet, you cannot go back and change your answers. M$ has some of these on their design exams.
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Testlets are like mini-exams. Each one is timed and has a differing amount of questions. Once you move to the next testlet, you cannot go back and change your answers. M$ has some of these on their design exams.

Are they like the Case Scenario Questions out of the MS-Training Kit books?
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    They are somewhat similar.