Options

Battlefield 3 is the Devil!

BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
Seriously just went 4 days without CCNA study to play this, I wanna punch myself in the face.

Anyone else enjoying the game?
Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Blackout wrote: »
    Seriously just went 4 days without CCNA study to play this, I wanna punch myself in the face.

You have time to play games?
  • Options
    I'm not an IT yet :) Still a parachute Rigger until April! But yes I was commenting on how I wasn't doing things the right way cause I'm playing video games instead of studying!

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wanna punch myself in the face.

Shall we help you with this :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    By all means couldn't be any worst than my wife face punching me in her sleep.

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□

And just think Modern Warfare 3 comes out in two weeks

Then the new Elder Scrolls....

I am just playing the single player campaign at the moment, the developers did an awesome job with the graphics for the Xbox 360 very photo realistic scenery and lighting.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    By all means couldn't be any worst than myself face punching me in her sleep.

I was like that with Deus Ex : Human Revolution .. when I finally decided to pickup a book - the DLC was released .. which of course had to be played on PC AND Console until I had all achievements lol
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    I'm not an IT yet :) Still a parachute Rigger until April! But yes I was commenting on how I wasn't doing things the right way cause I'm playing video games instead of studying!

Might be time to drop the habit. You will need your freetime to study or disconnect from technology completely and spend time with loved ones. You could lose valuable quality time and go crazy playing computer games. A passtime for children really.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Turgon wrote: »
    You have time to play games?

This. Right on the money.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Might be time to drop the habit. You will need your freetime to study or disconnect from technology completely and spend time with loved ones. You could lose valuable quality time and go crazy playing computer games. A passtime for children really.

I wouldn't say that. To each their own. I play video games as a way to wind down, and that's my thing I enjoy doing. However, career first - hobbies second.
  • Options

lol, I was with my two year old son at Toys R Us a couple of weekends ago and was telling him "wow can't wait until you get older so I can play err I mean we can play with all these cool toys they got"
  • Options
    I will agree to disagree with turgon. As cole stated to each their own, everyone in one way or another hangs on to something they did from their childhood. When i stated im not an IT yet, theres an explanation behind it, in my current trade im incredibly stressed, in IT if you screw up you fix it, as an inspector of survival parachutes a failure leads to someone dying. If i don't have the occasional stress relief ill go crazy, plus playing videogames is better than drinking :) i used to be quite the sailor in the day :)

• Options
    vCole wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that. To each their own. I play video games as a way to wind down, and that's my thing I enjoy doing. However, career first - hobbies second.

hehehe..Im actually paraphrasing Mrs Turgon here. Dead against them. I must admit I dont mind using them myself from time to time, but have no time these days.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was planning on renting this game for the weekend. How is it compared to Call Of Duty?
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    battlefield is **** me off

i live in a college town and there is no bandwith to speak of on the cable modems, it took me 3 hours just to download a service pack
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MrRyte wrote: »
    I was planning on renting this game for the weekend. How is it compared to Call Of Duty?

BF3 is superior is you're looking for true squad based tactical shooter, it blows CoD out of the water in almost every aspect (maybe CoD's single player has an edge but really...who plays these games for SP?). CoD is good to get some quick kills and self gratification that you just killed 15 people in a row without dying more for self promotion less on team strategy and cooperation.

You really cant compare the two, each are good in their own class....Im just sick of people saying CoD MW is the best game ever when it doesnt come close
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I picked it up this week but haven't been able to play it yet. I'm hoping to spend some time this weekend with it before November rolls around when all the AAA titles such as Uncharted 3 start coming out!!

Upcoming games: Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Sonic Generations, and Skyrim are just a few I have upcoming I'm looking forward to :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    RomBUS wrote: »
    BF3 is superior is you're looking for true squad based tactical shooter, it blows CoD out of the water in almost every aspect (maybe CoD's single player has an edge but really...who plays these games for SP?). CoD is good to get some quick kills and self gratification that you just killed 15 people in a row without dying more for self promotion less on team strategy and cooperation.

You really cant compare the two, each are good in their own class....Im just sick of people saying CoD MW is the best game ever when it doesnt come close

MW3 changes alot from the past, now you get perks not just for kill streaks but for playing support roles as well.

BF3 single player campaign I am trudging through, the enemy must have super powers because if I poke my head up every single bad guy just snaps their barrels in my direction and get instant hits.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have fallen off the wagon thanks to video games a time or two. Best to avoid when you're in study mode.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Holy freaking crap! I just played the multiplayer for BF3 last night. It is leaps and bounds above BF: Bad Company 2 in terms of... EVERYTHING! I did pick up an Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti along with this game and I'm glad I did. The graphics are incredible. If you haven't already, set the sound to "War Tapes". With a 5.1 surround sound it'll blow you away.

To those people that ask "how do you have enough time"? Simply put, for something like this, I make time.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    MW3 changes alot from the past, now you get perks not just for kill streaks but for playing support roles as well.

BF3 single player campaign I am trudging through, the enemy must have super powers because if I poke my head up every single bad guy just snaps their barrels in my direction and get instant hits.

Yeah, I played a little through the single player (i'm on the level after flying the jet... that made me a little dizzy). I'm not too impressed. The AI ranges from incredibly stupid to superhuman like what you've stated. Multiplayer is what this game is really all about.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
    I love playing it on the PC! It is awesome when you get a clan together that you can play with.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I went to Gamestop midnight release, played it all night when I brought it back home. Was a zombie at work next day. ;)

Love the game. Sucks for those stuck with the halfassed console version. ha!
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Wow that was a young Steve Erkel in that commercial. AD
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I think I can relate to the feeling of time seeming to disappear when there's a new game to play. (Portal 2 stole a week of my life that I'm never getting back.) For the most part, though, I've tried to steer clear of games like WoW, The Sims 3, or anything else that qualifies as a time-suck. I find that I can hop into Team Fortress 2 and play a few rounds then hop back out, so I'm sticking with making headshots and doling out backstabs as my video game diversions while school and certs still call my name. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Video games are a time sucker for sure. I try to stay behind the curve to save some cash. I'm playing FEAR right now, my i7 cpu with no graphics card handles it just fine and it was $10 for all three games. I try to only play a couple hours a week. I'm sure if I had an XBox360 and the latest games, I would get nothing done. icon_sad.gif