Comments

• RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh I didnt know MS made one

Did you see the Blackberry/RIM ones?

Check it out: BlackBerry Future Visions 1 on Vimeo

BlackBerry Future Visions 2 on Vimeo

Quite impressive but most likely empty promises
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Saw that the other day... I'd say most of that is much more than 5 to 10 years off. Some of it is already possible, but you won't see it in wide spread use like the video depicts that quickly. Stuff that isn't currently possible may become possible within the next 5 to 10 years, but again, you won't see it come to market that quickly.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think that the solutions to do the work could easily be done within the next 5 to 10 years... the devices to complete this tasks may not be nearly as polished for some time after that, though. e-Ink is nearing distribution for a color display... just make it a touch screen and make it a WiDi, then you have the processing on a central computer in your home storing the info in the "the cloud".

I was pretty impressed with it.

I think that it will take some getting used to for typing on a touchscreen in the same manner that we use keyboards for today... I am a touch-typist... and while that is becoming less common (but still predominant), it is still extremely useful and efficient. It works fine for small displays on smartphones and such, but I think I would still prefer something tactile for my primary text input... I can type faster than I can speak, as well...

EDIT: I type faster than my normal speaking cadence... I supposed we could try to be like the micro machine man...
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    those videos always remind me of the old worlds fairs ... im still waiting on my hover car
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■