Options

Passed today

YamsYams Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it me or does everybody notice that the practice exams you find on various websites never correspond to what is on the tests. Anywho, on to security +.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You mean that the practice tests don't cover the same general topics, or they're not the exact same questions you see on the exams?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    The test was 50% about network security. physical security, logical security, intrusion detection, NAT, SNMPv3,

There were many questions about VLANS, connecting multiple switches, authentication, disaster recovery, attack types, down servers, wireless ranges, ISDN bridges and routers, internal networks, external networks, IGRP, BGP,
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yams wrote: »
    The test was 50% about network security. physical security, logical security, intrusion detection, NAT, SNMPv3,

There were many questions about VLANS, connecting multiple switches, authentication, disaster recovery, attack types, down servers, wireless ranges, ISDN bridges and routers, internal networks, external networks, IGRP, BGP,
    Sounds like you're going to be pretty familiar with a lot of the material on the Security+ exam then. Congratulations on the pass, and good luck with the next one. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    If anybody can help, I came across an acronym "MX" it threw me off, and I still can't figure what it means. Probably so simple, but it was stuck in my mind the entire test. I was thinking multiplex, but it didn't make sense when combined with the rest of the question.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Yams wrote: »
    If anybody can help, I came across an acronym "MX" it threw me off, and I still can't figure what it means. Probably so simple, but it was stuck in my mind the entire test. I was thinking multiplex, but it didn't make sense when combined with the rest of the question.

More than likely, this was related to DNS. A mail exchange (MX) record in DNS is used to locate an email server.

A few other DNS records are
    • A (A or host) record used to map host name to an IPv4 address
    • AAAA record used to map host name to an IPv6 address
    • PTR (pointer) record used to map a host name back to an IP address
    • CNAME (canonical name) used to proide an alias so that any system can have more one name
    Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass!