Options

Preparing for the exam

ecanmasterecanmaster Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello people,

I am studying for the CISSP exam and planning to do the exam in January 2012.
My study material is mainly
[h=1]CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Fifth Edition[/h]and I practise the Shon Harris exam 2010 (around 1600 questions)
Of course I want to get the exam the first time.
Until now I have studied the book very intensive and gone throught the whole book at least 3 times (some domains even more)
However, I don't want to be surprised.
Is there something more I can do?
Am I missing something for the preparation.
I have already spent many many hours and will
By the way: I have 11 years experience in the IT sector, I am MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003, Unix system administrator
and working at McAfee

Thx.
CISSP / CISM

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    You really should read the (ISC)2 CISSP CBK Official Study Guide too. There is no single book that covers everything you might see on the exam.
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    i read the shon harris book a total of 4 times in the last year, and 1.5 times for the ISC2 book, then I discovered the eric conrad book and I wish i would have found this book in the beginning. really answers some questions I still had for the domain areas i was lacking in. I feel that the shon harris book is overly verbose and could be cut in half or at least a third taken off. plus the conrad book is interesting to read and wont put you to sleep like the isc2 book.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    ecanmasterecanmaster Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thx for the tips.
    I am planning to do the exam in London.
    Is there any information available regards to the venue?
    Because I need to book flights and hotel (London is the closest place I can take exam, I live in Cork Ireland)
    CISSP / CISM