Options

Passed VCP5

tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
I finally did it! I passed the test by a respectable margin. It was a very rough test and I feel like I was hit by a truck. It was fair and all of the questions were what someone would do in production, unlike a microsoft exam. I took the 5 day course, read all of the Mastering vSphere 5 book, studied the maximums, and read the 50 page summary of the official documentation a couple times.

I'm still considering buying the trainsignal DVDs to watch for fun. This test was a delight to study for.

My best advice is to pay close attention to things you may do every day and to study up on things you don't have in your infrastructure. So basically know it all!
I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Glad to hear. Congrats!
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Approx. how much study time? Did you have a VCP4?
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dave330i wrote: »
    Congrats! Approx. how much study time? Did you have a VCP4?

I finished the class Oct 7 and spent maybe 1 hour a night on weeknights studying. I read through the Mastering vSphere 5 book during this time. This weekend I spent around 8-10 hours studying. I didn't have the VCP4 but I work in 4.1 for at least 3 hours a day at work and have a home lab and a lab in workstation 8.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! That's one of my next exams, hope I can say I passed as well!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • Options
    xirtlookxirtlook Member Posts: 124
    Congrats. what did you use to study?

I have access to TrainSignal VCP 4, but waiting until my company sends up to vmware training next year before I attempt VCP.
    nerd power.