Options

Passed 70-640

bmtuserbmtuser Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_cheers.gif I passed 70-640 exam with a 725. This was my third attempt. I used Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed and Kaplan practice test software.
Started WGU 07-01-2011
Finished BS IT Network Administrator on 03/10/2012

Comments

• Options
    IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    TrammelTrammel Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any advice for someone currently studying for this exam
  • Options
    Trammel wrote: »
    Any advice for someone currently studying for this exam

I highly suggest the Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book to go deeper into subjects that are harder to grasp. I had trouble with questions on certificates and the book helped fill in the gaps. I also used Kaplan practice tests and they helped find where I needed to study more. Hope that helps. Good luck!
    Started WGU 07-01-2011
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    bmtuser wrote: »
    I highly suggest the Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book to go deeper into subjects that are harder to grasp. I had trouble with questions on certificates and the book helped fill in the gaps. I also used Kaplan practice tests and they helped find where I needed to study more. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Another endorsement for the Kaplan tests. After taking the 70-642 once and failing I took the Kaplan tests, it showed a very similar breakdown of weaknesses to the MS report. This has allowed me to shore up any of those weaknesses that I had. My only issue is it's such a small selection of questions that after a few times running through i'm starting to remember the answers just from that.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Another endorsement for the Kaplan tests. After taking the 70-642 once and failing I took the Kaplan tests, it showed a very similar breakdown of weaknesses to the MS report. This has allowed me to shore up any of those weaknesses that I had. My only issue is it's such a small selection of questions that after a few times running through i'm starting to remember the answers just from that.

I wouldn't put too much into Kaplan anymore other than recognizing your weak areas. I bought it and have still failed it twice since buying it. I bought the Server 2008 r2 unleashed and it is a great reference. I also bought CBT nuggets and it is leaps and bounds better than Labsim.

Congrats on the pass bmtuser.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    I wouldn't put too much into Kaplan anymore other than recognizing your weak areas. I bought it and have still failed it twice since buying it. I bought the Server 2008 r2 unleashed and it is a great reference. I also bought CBT nuggets and it is leaps and bounds better than Labsim.

Congrats on the pass bmtuser.

Thanks! I still have to take the 70-646 so I will check out CBT nuggets. I really do not like Labsim that WGU provides. I told the course mentor that it just scratches the surface of a subject and is quite boring. I enjoy Trainsignal's style of teaching easier to grasp.
    Started WGU 07-01-2011
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Great job and pretty much what I used to get ready for the exam.

Agree with you 100% on the Unleashed book.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246