Options

Recommendation for studying material

ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
Would anyone have any good suggestions on what material to use to study for the network+ exam. I plan on taking it at the end of may?

Comments

• Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ra13 wrote:
    Would anyone have any good suggestions on what material to use to study for the network+ exam. I plan on taking it at the end of may?

Personally, I would suggest using the tech exams notes for Network+ and the exam cram 2 for network+. First, the exam cram book cuts out all the fat and focuses on the exam objectives to pass the exam, Secondly, the tech notes study guide provides more foundational concepts and stresses in some of areas in greater detail than the exam cram.

Currently, I'm working on 70-270 with exam cram2 as well, since it proved successful with network+ studies. icon_smile.gif

Those two worked perfect for me, but that is because I had prior networking and computer experience. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thanks alot, I also used the exam cram to pass my a+ but I wasn't sure if it covers the 2005 objectives for net+?
  • Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ra13 wrote:
    Thanks alot, I also used the exam cram to pass my a+ but I wasn't sure if it covers the 2005 objectives for net+?

I don't think the exam cram book for net+ covers the 2005 objectives. Its my understanding that, you'll still have an option to choose either the 2001 or 2005 exam in May.
  • Options
    Thanks alot I will have to do some searching around. I do want to take the test on the 2005 objectives so I will try and do some searching.
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I used Network+ A guide to Networks by Tamara Dean. It came with like 230 questions in the book and a CD simulation with about 300 questions.

It's a comprehensive book so if you need examples like, pretend there is sally jumping a skipping rope etc.... I think this book would be great.

It's what was used by my College. The Software questions we're pretty tough, if you can score high on thos, you will fly by the network+ exam.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    I'm reading Mike Myers All in One right now. If you're looking for something just to cover the objectives, I'd look elsewhere. The book has a ton of fluff, but if you really want something to explain networking, it's excellent.

The only part I don't like is his explanation of IP classes. There's also an error in that section iirc.
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    SYBEX!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    I was reading the mike myers book but ive got 3/4 the way through and it has started to bore me abit, so recently ive been focusing on the tech guides i bought of this site and the Exam Cram 2 Network+ book, its cuts all the fluff out like what 12mcken said, as long as you understand how everything works you will be ok....im just having problems remembering specifications for WANs and ports icon_sad.gif

9 days left and counting! icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Get the Technotes if you haven't already - excellent source.
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great