Options

Failover Clustering with starwind

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guysnot to complicate things and confuse you long story short im setting up failover clustering for a test lab I followed the same steps in this video:Windows Server 2008 Clustering - Part 1 - YouTubemy problem is for e.g if im trying to connect to the iScsI target from server 2 by typing 192.168.1.23 it says connection failed but if I connect to the target locally where starwind is installed and the Hardisks are it will connect I came to a conclusion
that its a connectivity problem so I looked into firewall and still no luck I added exclusions for iscsi service on server 2 and 3 which are going to be used for failover clustering but still no luck it only connects locally.
does anybody know why its like that.

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Haven't used starwind for a while now but first off I would recommend dropping the firewall entirely and see if you can connect remotely. If so then you know that it is a firewall issue to track down. If it still doesn't work check and see if there are access lists you need to configure in starwind to allow access from specific addresses/subnets.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi undomiel

thanks for your reply yeah I just came to to tell you guys how I Resolved it I turned off Firewall on both ends and it worked I then setup the failover clustering service then turned on firewall backon.

about 6 months ago I asked the same question but I did it with FreeNas I just wanted to get some hands on experience with Starwind.

Cheers.