Options

Solaris Forum?

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey guys,

I am brand new to Solaris and it's increasingly becoming more important to my day to day. I was wondering if there are any specific forums you guys would recommend that I join for Solaris related discussions etc that would be newb friendly?

thanks,
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its been years since I had to work with Solaris. I recall 'big admin' was a useful forum back in the day. I find on certification forums Solaris passes people by which is a bit of a shame. Had people not got carried away with MS desktop and basic networking certification and taken a look at Solaris from 1999 onwards they would have seen it heavily used in banking and FX trading environments and probably taken a different direction in their careers making lots and lots of money.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,566 Mod
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I am brand new to Solaris and it's increasingly becoming more important to my day to day. I was wondering if there are any specific forums you guys would recommend that I join for Solaris related discussions etc that would be newb friendly?

thanks,

unix.com is the best forum available, very active, and good community (my name is "Sun Fire" there).

Linked in groups, so many of them, with SUN employees who help and participate.

You can post here, I can help you if I have the answers :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com