Options

Intervlan routing and 3Com 4200 Switch

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
Okay here is my problem. I have a 3Com 4200 Core Switch handling all my vlan routing and we are looking to replace this switch with our Cisco 3570.
So this is what the person before me was trying to do.
3Com 4200 <<<<
>>>> Trunk Port to Port 1/48 on Cisco 3750 <<<<
>>>> Trunk Port to 1/48 on Cisco 2960.

We are have three vlans setup on the Cisco 3750 for testing and able to ping the ip address of each vlan ip address from PC behind the Cisco 2960 on different access vlans. I have a default route set in the Cisco 3750 to the 3Com. The problem is I can not ping the 3com switch from PC but can from the Cisco 2960 and the Cisco 3750. What am I missing?
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    so the 3com is still doing routing? Does it have a route back to the subnets the PC are on?
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pham0329 wrote: »
    so the 3com is still doing routing? Does it have a route back to the subnets the PC are on?
    Smacks head ughhh... Thank you :) yes it is. I will try this tommorow ughhh so silly things.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.