Options

Passed 220-701 and 702!

4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
Well guys, I've been browsing this site silently for almost 1.5 years now, and I gotta say thank you. The practice exams, the notes, the support from everyone.... it's all been great. I earned my A+ a few days ago and this site was a HUGE help. I know the A+ is not a big deal to most people in the IT field, but it means a lot to me. All of my certs do. I studied hard for each one and the forums on TE was one of my study aids. So... thank you :D
Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    galedgaled Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What is next on the agenda?
  • Options
    galed wrote: »
    Congrats! What is next on the agenda?

Well, right now I'm studying for the CCNA and the MCTS 70-620, which I see you have, galed :)
    Was the exam difficult? Right now I am using the Pearson cert guide written by Don Poulton and Windows 7 Ultimate to prepare for the exam.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    stevo7624stevo7624 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. What was your strategy for passing. What materials did you use aside from what is provided here? Any specific books? Anything I should avoid? Gonna start cramming between semesters hopefully, and would like to gameplan. Anyone else have any good advice? I wanna find a solid book, but like to hear about others success and what they think they could have avoided.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Every cert is a big deal! You are doing great, keep it up and good luck on the future certs.

Instead of lurking, post here, you now have valuable information for future lurkers and members alike :)
  • Options
    stevo7624 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. What was your strategy for passing. What materials did you use aside from what is provided here? Any specific books? Anything I should avoid? Gonna start cramming between semesters hopefully, and would like to gameplan. Anyone else have any good advice? I wanna find a solid book, but like to hear about others success and what they think they could have avoided.

The Mike Myers All in One was an excellent book. It covered everything on the exam and more. The book is 1200 pages but worth every sentence. Then to review I bought the exam cram. Both books come with practice exams so I also used those. I passed both exams with an 840. I definitely should have avoided over thinking it. I put over 6 months into a certification that could have taken half of that. So definitely be careful about wasting a lot of time, being that the exam is not very difficult if you grasp the material easily. Hands on experience is always a plus for any exam :)

• Options
    AyvzAyvz Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ThaNks for the advice!As of now I'm currently working on A+ with Meyer''s book.

Congratulations for passing the A+!!icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I found the A+ exam to be a lot of fun. I enjoyed getting back to the basics of computers :)

Congratulations on passing the A+ exam!