Passed!

bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
Passed 201 this morning!! Most of my study was done using the Gibson book (amazing read), along with a bit of the Professor Messer videos (only in areas I felt I needed extra exposure). I also used some of the practice questions in the Mike Meyer's Passport book, but only because I had it available to me.

For those that are going to take this test, you can pass using only Darril's book. The way I did it is by reading the chapters, making flashcards, and then doing all of the questions in the book after I had read the entire thing. I didn't do any of the questions in the book before I had finished reading it, as I wanted to see how much I retained after reading the whole book.

Next on the cert list for me is my ICND2. I'm shooting to get this done before January, which would make 5 certs done this year. In 2012, I'm going to shoot for some combination of Linux+, Server+, ITILv3 Foundation, CCNA:Sec, or C|EH.

Comments

• Version4Version4 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

I plan on taking the 201 soon. I am halfway through Darril Gibson's book, very good material. At first I was put off by the typeface, but I've grown to like it.

Good luck on your ICND2 exam :)
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and great recommendations on studying. I am debating whether to hurry and take the 201 before the end of the year, or just prep for the 301 for next year.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • YamsYams Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job.

I just got delivery by Brown. Opening the book riiiiiiiiiiiiight now!
  • KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Way to go...

Getting ready for this exam myself.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Passed 201 this morning!!

Next on the cert list for me is my ICND2. I'm shooting to get this done before January, which would make 5 certs done this year. In 2012, I'm going to shoot for some combination of Linux+, Server+, ITILv3 Foundation, CCNA:Sec, or C|EH.
    Congratulations on the pass. That's an impressive list of certifications you've completed so far this year and admirable goals for 2012. Best of luck on the ICND2 and your 2012 goals.
    Version4 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

I plan on taking the 201 soon. I am halfway through Darril Gibson's book, very good material. At first I was put off by the typeface, but I've grown to like it.

Good luck on your ICND2 exam

Yes, that typeface was a little bit of an accident. I didn't realize it would be that big until the proof arrived. It would have taken quite a bit of time to change it so I decided to just accept it so that I could get the book out. I wasn't sure how it would be received, but interestingly, I received quite a few positive comments on it. The new book has a new font that looks more professional but it is still easy to read. I was a little nervous until I received the proof last week but I'm pretty happy with how it looks.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass. That's an impressive list of certifications you've completed so far this year and admirable goals for 2012. Best of luck on the ICND2 and your 2012 goals.

Yes, that typeface was a little bit of an accident. I didn't realize it would be that big until the proof arrived. It would have taken quite a bit of time to change it so I decided to just accept it so that I could get the book out. I wasn't sure how it would be received, but interestingly, I received quite a few positive comments on it. The new book has a new font that looks more professional but it is still easy to read. I was a little nervous until I received the proof last week but I'm pretty happy with how it looks.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day

I'm on Chapter 9 of your book for 201, hoping to be prepared to take the exam in a little over a week. I scored pretty well on the pre-assessment, but your book has been an amazing wealth of information. Also, I am reading it on my Kindle, so I have nothing to say about the typeface other than I'm happy you had it available on the kindle.

Thanks for the amazing content, and I'll let you guys know how I do on the exam.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    chmorin wrote: »
    I'm on Chapter 9 of your book for 201, hoping to be prepared to take the exam in a little over a week. I scored pretty well on the pre-assessment, but your book has been an amazing wealth of information. Also, I am reading it on my Kindle, so I have nothing to say about the typeface other than I'm happy you had it available on the kindle.

Thanks for the amazing content, and I'll let you guys know how I do on the exam.

Thanks for the kind words. We look forward to reading your post saying "I passed."

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck on ICND2!