Options

70-643 Booked

Hi Guys Booked the 70-643. Am nervous as all the books I have (Got them last year) are not R2. So have read my MS press book and reading through it again doing the practicals along with technet for the R2 stuff. Also the sticky for the 70-643 on here. Its booked for the 16 Nov

Fingers and toes are most deffo crossed...
Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

Comments

• Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    I have also booked of 8 days prior to the exam to get some last min cramming in. Will post how I get on Hopefully am fretting over nothing and will be a P. If not then get the free resit I think so here looking positive!
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I've been studying for mine too, but am so nervous I distracted myself. It's quite a bear, looking at the requirements... Please do let us know how it went and your strong/weak points. I would love to compare notes.
  • Options
    ConradJ wrote: »
    Good luck! I've been studying for mine too, but am so nervous I distracted myself. It's quite a bear, looking at the requirements... Please do let us know how it went and your strong/weak points. I would love to compare notes.

Hi Conrad,

I will do. What I have been using for my studying so far is my ESX box at home and one at work (Not networked together just booting the VHD files) I have 6 servers set up on these which I have been labbing with (Both Labs from my MS pressbook and ones from technet for the R2 stuff.) At present i feel my weak points are IIS which I just find a very dry read and feels like my eyes are bleeding sometimes!! The TS stuff I should be fine with as have worked in Citrix enviroments and Citrix's is just TS with bells and whistles. Also WDS should not be too much of a problem (He says fingers crossed) as I labbed the hell out of it for my 680.

So last day of work today before 12 days off. In which my life been good to me i will be able to lab the socks of this exam and try to read technet and the Sticky on here + links till y eyes bleed. Then day before Exam do nothing but eat banana's and forget about it. (seems to help me and the bananas are good brain food or so am told)

• Options
    rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck for this one! This was the next exam on my list but I've decided to take a break whilst moving house... Currently thinking about doing a couple of MOS exams but can't even get the momentum or enthusiasm to bother with that at the moment!...Would like to hear your experience of this one as it's not an overly popular one here on the forums compared tto the 640, 642 etc... :)
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA
  • Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't forget Sharepoint!
    Configure SharePoint Foundation options.
    May include but is not limited to: site permissions; backup; service accounts; rights management services (RMS); migration; audience targeting; claims-based authentication; SharePoint Timer jobs; usage and report logging

Configure SharePoint Foundation integration.
    May include but is not limited to: configuring a document library to receive e-mail; configuring incoming vs. outgoing e-mail; support for Office Web Apps and SharePoint Workspaces

That and IIS for me are the most difficult to learn.
  • Options
    ConradJ wrote: »
    Don't forget Sharepoint!

That and IIS for me are the most difficult to learn.

Cheers dude. Am just swatting up on my Sharepoint foundation now. Though have used it before, but getting it to stay in my head this close to the exam seems to be failing me. Have hammered IIS as like you i find it boring. So should be ok with it. Well last day of study today then day off tommorrow to chill with the missus as she is off tommorrow too then Exam on Wednesday. Things not looking too hopeful for this pass at it but have had some good personal new thats taking my mind of the exam (Gonna be a dad) So head is all over the place. But fingers are crossed. icon_smile.gif

• Options
    Epic Failure here but was expecting to fail as my head just was not in it. 582 Was my score. gonna give it a bash again at end of month as should not have laods of baby stuff in my head.

Got hammered with loads of IIS stuff and Sharepoint questions. most of which when I got out of the exam I felt like slapping myself as I knew the answers. Will lab like mad and try to clear my head for resit.