Options

School is in MY WAY!

apexgtpapexgtp Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I've finally decided that I'm spending too much time completing school work and trying to pass the class than I am studying to pass the 70-680 exam(my current class has this exam as requirement to take). After reading how hard it is I'm questioning if I should take a semester off and study for a few certs. These certs would QUALIFY for class credits so I would be worth it. I hate school haha

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wouldn't suggest that you do it. You'll be getting things done while studying for the certifications.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    life+ = ones life experience represented by a fictional cert? only ask because I have seen it on a couple of peoples avatars
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Dont quit, pause or reorganize college around a certification. I know its hard, I goto school full time and try to attack this 70-680 also. Just devote a block of time every day, even if its 90 minutes, you'll get there!
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I tend to agree with the above. I work full time (often over 40,50,60+ hours a week), go to school full time at WGU, and attempt certs as often as I can on the side. My priority is also in that order. Work > School > Certs. Sometimes School trumps Work, but school does not keep a roof over my head. Point is it takes hard work and dedication to push through these goals at the same time, but you should keep in mind which one is really the most important because sometimes something has to give.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Man up.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    powerfool wrote: »
    Man up.

heheh, school of hard knocks!
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Sounds more like you're in your own way.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How close are you to graduating? What degree?

I wouldn't walk away from school for the 680. I have the belief that certs are more important, but a lot of hiring managers would disagree with that.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Can't juggle school and studying for one cert at the same time?

You shall be banished to the Help Desk....for LIFE MUAHAHAHAHA