Failed ICND2 Need Help!!!

tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have failed the ICND2 for the second time. This time with a score of 804 of 825 so I am really close. My problem is I don't know what I am missing or not getting. I feel comfortable with most of the topics. My results were

93% VLANs
75% IP addressing
60% configure cisco devices
50% NAT & ACLs
67% WAN

The last time I scored 100% of NAT and ACLs but 33% on WAN section this is killing me I need to pass before next semester starts for a prerequisite for a class. I will take any advise and thanks in advance for your input.

Comments

• Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would post here with what resources you've been using and maybe someone can point you in the right direction for a fresh perspective on the material you've covered. As you said, you're very close, but with the fairly large swings you've had in the NAT/ACL section (from 100 to 50) and the WAN section (from 33 to 67), I would make those areas a focus.

Good luck.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    It looks like if you put your NAT and ACL score back up to 100%, you would pass easily.

You may just need to do a slightly better all-around review the night before the exam.

Did you go through the CCNA Exam Cram book? A quick read through that may get you where you need to be.
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Make sure you are doing enough hands on labs. It seems like you knew the material before, and now for whatever reason you might be confused and/or just doing ACLs in the wrong direction. Keep at it. You are really close.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    review your exam technique. make sure you have revised topics enough but make sure you get a good nights sleep and are alert , awake and not tired going into the exam. Make sure to eat a decent breakfast before it.

+1 on more lab time, get that configure cisco devices up to 100% as well

Are you using the bosun practise exams ?The ones that come with Wendels book or the exsim max ones?

Whens next semester start ? This year or next ? Here we only have two semesters a year.

Here's a few links to labs to dotech notes, tech labs and practice exams
    Free practice exams and forums for CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE certifications

do the labs from Stub Area networks Stub Area » CCNA Workbook

Packet Tracer 5.3 labs Packet Tracer 5.3 labs

Go through labs from the practise tests and other sitesThe odom books should come (or used to) a free version of the bosun practise exams (also gives % off the ex sim ones)just download the bosun exam environment , create an account , then enter the code (piece of paper in back the cd pocket) and you should be able to download it.

few free tutorials
    Cisco CCNA CCENT CCNP Certification Exam Training Tutorials

few more practise questions
    http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/CCNACertificationCCENTExamCiscoQuestions.htm
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Looks like you may need to hit up more labs on Frame Relay concepts. NAT/ACLs can be tricky if you don't lab as well. That killed me my first attempt so I just hammered on those for days until it was second nature. You should build your own FR Switch in GNS3 and configure remote sides to see how it actually works, that will solidify lots of concepts like DLCI, PVC, LMI, etc. Hope this helps! You can do it!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the advise. I finally passed ICND2 with a score of 860. I was for sure I failed because I got some question that I had never seen the material before. This set of question was the hardest I have gotten but I guess I knew my stuff good enough to pass. My score were.

73% vlans
    100% IP addressing scheme
    67% Config and troubleshooting
    83% NAT & ACL's
    100% WAN Links
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!

Don't forget to add CCNA to your Certification list.
  • tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks I think I will do the now. LOL
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Very nice job, congratulations!