Options

Just got a new Job

PilotrebornPilotreborn Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys so I just got a new job within the same company. I had been applying a lot of places externally since it is very hard to move up from within the company and the majority of higher positions are external hires. But through some help of a friend who already has the position and from talking to the right people and showing initiative I got the job. It is a 30 day trial period first so basically as long as I don't slack off and as long as I show initiative it is a sure thing.

I am finally out of tech support, Its a great feeling. Pretty much started my IT journey a little under 2 years ago with minimal experience, and now I am a "QA Solutions Engineer". It took a lot of self study, hard work, initiative, and working with the right people but I made it.

I am posting this mostly just because I am excited and so other people can see that it is possible and be encouraged, but also if anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer them.

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What does a QA Solutions Engineer do?
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    This is the company Mobile Security | Mobile Device Management | Mobile Application Management | AirWatch

In a nutshell I will be testing iphones, android, symbian, windows phone, blackberry hard devices and virtual devices with our AirWatch software find out where it fails or breaks discover a solution then work with the developers and consultants to get a fix implemented. I will be specializing in android devices and certificates.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sounds interesting. Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Good work man I'm happy for you. I'm sure you're ecstatic to be out of the help desk! :)
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    sounds like an interesting job, let us know what its like once you start.
  • Options
    wrwarwickwrwarwick Member Posts: 104
    This is the company Mobile Security | Mobile Device Management | Mobile Application Management | AirWatch

In a nutshell I will be testing iphones, android, symbian, windows phone, blackberry hard devices and virtual devices with our AirWatch software find out where it fails or breaks discover a solution then work with the developers and consultants to get a fix implemented. I will be specializing in android devices and certificates.

Heh. I see their jobs posted all the time on the Atlanta Craigslist.
  • Options
    wrwarwick wrote: »
    Heh. I see their jobs posted all the time on the Atlanta Craigslist.

Yeah they are, I actually mentioned that when I applied internally. I said "I saw this job posted on your careers section as well as on craigslist, I feel like I would be a great fit for this position" lol. Like most IT companies they ask for a laundry list of requirements that aren't necessary. Initiative and talking to the right people go a LONG way.
  • Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    Yeah they are, I actually mentioned that when I applied internally. I said "I saw this job posted on your careers section as well as on craigslist, I feel like I would be a great fit for this position" lol. Like most IT companies they ask for a laundry list of requirements that aren't necessary. Initiative and talking to the right people go a LONG way.

Congrats man. Putting your neck out is always a good way to get noticed. Bet your Buzzing. Hope you enjoy your new job.
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Congratz on the new job. I am sure you are super excited. It sounds like a very interesting job. Good luck and I wish you the best. icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the new job!