Options

Show/put Cisco I.D number on Resume?

protoclprotocl Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
After having the CCNA for a while now - I was just wondering IF: show-casing the I.D number on a Resume will or would increase the chance of being hired?

Of course, IF an Employer wanted to verify; they could request confirmation thru the Certified applicant.
I usually do not show Any information, that could lead to I.D theft - besides my contact information and such.
I was just wondering of this question for a while now.
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    I don't think it would hurt at all. Like

CCNA Certified #123456
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't think it's going to help one bit honestly.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    I would be like "wtf" if I saw that on someone's resume.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The best result out of putting the number on the resume will be making life easier for the person responsible for verifying your credentials. I am positive it will have zero effect on your chances of being hired.
  • Options
    Mind_SculptorMind_Sculptor Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Give it a try, can't hurt. You already gave them your full name, phone number, and address.
  • Options
    skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    it's unnecessary
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Unnecessary. When I look at a resume all I care about is that the certifications are current. If they're not, well, they're not.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    The best result out of putting the number on the resume will be making life easier for the person responsible for verifying your credentials. I am positive it will have zero effect on your chances of being hired.

If they are in doubt and questioning your cert to begin with, then surely something else is wrong already :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    I think it is a really bad idea.

Its like putting your drivers license number next to your name, or your student ID next to your education listed college.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    I put my (ISC)2 ID number on my resume. It enables a hiring manager to immediately verify that I have the (ISC)2 certs that I say I have. I can't see how making my (ISC)2 ID public would allow me to be defrauded in any way. And I already have my name, address, phone number, email address, and amateur radio call sign on my resume, and all of that information is far more PII than a cert vendor's ID number.