Options

IS NAT/PAT/SDM on the ICND1 exam?

hfbonurahfbonura Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
While doing my CCNA simulator, I noticed there are no sections for NAT, PAT, or SDM. Are they trying to tell me something, i.e., there are no questions pertaining to these areas on the ICND1?

Comments

• Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    ICND1 focuses mainly on fundamentals like RIP, OSI, etc... you won't really get into NAT/PAT until the ICND2 curriculum.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    hfbonurahfbonura Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh really? :)

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4987
    Enable NAT for a small network with a single ISP and connection using SDM and verify operation using CLI and ping
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    I was actually wondering the same thing as I'm finishing off the CBT Nuggets series for the ICND1. He touches on NAT with SDM and it's just a radio button, a couple clicks through a wizard and you're done. Others have posed this question around the net and the general consensus is that one could receive a couple questions at most, but nothing to lose sleep over.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    djfunz wrote: »
    I was actually wondering the same thing as I'm finishing off the CBT Nuggets series for the ICND1. He touches on NAT with SDM and it's just a radio button, a couple clicks through a wizard and you're done. Others have posed this question around the net and the general consensus is that one could receive a couple questions at most, but nothing to lose sleep over.

This is why it's recommended to use more than one study source, and never rely solely on a video series. The exam topics that I linked earlier lists a bit more than a few clicks in SDM. I'll always take Cisco's word over "the general consensus." It's a much better idea to go in knowing everything listed.
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    alan2308 wrote: »
    This is why it's recommended to use more than one study source, and never rely solely on a video series. The exam topics that I linked earlier lists a bit more than a few clicks in SDM. I'll always take Cisco's word over "the general consensus." It's a much better idea to go in knowing everything listed.

Good points. Touché ;)

WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed