Options

Is SDM on the CCENT? My intructor said it wasn't.

hfbonurahfbonura Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had a 2 week course covering all the material in the CCENT ICND1 Odom book and my intructor had us mark the entire section in Chapter 17 concerning SDM as "Not on the certification exam". Should I believe this or should I include it in my studying (exam is 9 days away)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    It would break the NDA to say what questions are on the exam but you could get questions on any of the topics listed in the blueprint and on anything related for that matter. 640-822 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

You need to have at least a basic understanding of how SDM works in relation to NAT, DNS, and DHCP.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hfbonura wrote: »
    I had a 2 week course covering all the material in the CCENT ICND1 Odom book and my intructor had us mark the entire section in Chapter 17 concerning SDM as "Not on the certification exam". Should I believe this or should I include it in my studying (exam is 9 days away)?
    Thanks!
    How much additional studying have you done other than the 2-week course? You may need to reschedule your exam....
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    I would tend to follow the cisco blue print, rather than what the instructor says. The SDM is still on the blue print, so you could get questions on the exam relating to it. Even if you don't get much hands on, it's still wise to know the steps for setting up: DHCP, DNS & NAT via SDM.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MosGuy wrote: »
    I would tend to follow the cisco blue print, rather than what the instructor says. The SDM is still on the blue print, so you could get questions on the exam relating to it. Even if you don't get much hands on, it's still wise to know the steps for setting up: DHCP, DNS & NAT via SDM.

This. Always go with the blueprint that gosh1976 linked to. Cisco writes the exam, not your instructor.
  • Options
    I've been studying for this exam for the past 2 months using the CCENT Odom book and DVD, CCNA Network Simulator, Boson EXSim, and MeasureUps but even on my Simulator there is nothing pertaining to SDM. Maybe it's beyond the capabilities of the program.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    I guess there is no way to avoid the blueprint. Shucks. Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for the insight.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hfbonura wrote: »
    I guess there is no way to avoid the blueprint. Shucks. Thanks!

Why would you want to avoid the blueprint? That's a recipe for for disaster.