Options

WGU - Term 1

KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
So I have my AAV call in 30 minutes. EWB Is out of the way and completed. For my first term I want to hit it hard and have came up with a plan of action with this. TNV1,TSV1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1. That is 26 CU for first term. I know I can handle the Sec+ and the Net+ before December as I have been reading on them and set tests dates on the calendar. My mentor on our introductory call stated she does not go by the standard degree plan at all. The technical portion I can handle with ease I believe, I just don't know what to expect with the actual college classes. Any thoughts on adding or sub tracking anything?
WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
Currently Reading
Darril Book

Comments

• Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Your first term looks similar to mine, however I had Net+ and Sec+ already. I took the CCENT instead, I also did ORC1, MGC1, LET1, TPV1. Provided you have worked in a large corp. environment before those last 4 are a breeze. I think I took 2 weeks total for all 4 of them. Ended up with 33 CU for the term, but was kinda burnt out for a month or so. Just be careful not to over-exert yourself and keep a nice steady pace and you'll do just fine.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    And here I have CCENT ... I guess it equals out. T- 10 minutes to discuss everything.
    Provided you have worked in a large corp. environment before those last 4 are a breeze

Yes numerous time
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    With the exception of Network+ [oh and BAC1] (because those was transferred in), I did all of those classes, and more in my first term. LAE1 can be done in a couple of days....it's just a BS three page paper. (If paper writing sucks for you, go through mindedge, but it will still take you less than 5 days to do.)

My signature should give you an idea of how my term1 and term2 was (you can always search for how I did in those classes, as I always post when I've passed.)
  • Options
    I guess that I fired up my mentor. She was very excited about my enthusiasm and my drive. Not as much as I would like to have on my to-do list but she wanted to start "low" and add as I progress. So it looks like very little right now, but I will be adding more, A LOT more.

Start - EWB2, BAC1, BBC1, TSV1 - With completing the 2 gen ed 11/30/11 (Still waiting on Webcam) TSV1 I am shooting for a 12/16/11 Test date.
    Once I get those out of the way, adding in WFV1 ( I feel this is a gimme cert with my experience and the practice tests I have taken) then TNV1. For Generals I am expecting LAE1, LUT1, CLC1 and LAT1 to be added as well. My target for all that to be finished is Feb at the latest. Nothing there is difficult. So that is 30 CU by Feb. Now when that is accomplished If I add the 4 Hyp did that would be a total of 48 CU in Term 1.

I do understand burnout but there is enough variety to keep me interested. I also have the luxury of not having to worry about a job unless I want it. The budget doesn't require me to work, and I have been taking contract jobs here lately just for more security and surprise bills. I couldn't pass up $18.00/H to simply swap PC's and upgrade RAM. Gigs like that I will take the "Free" money.

I may be thinking I can handle more than I can, but only time will tell. I shall revisit this January/February and see that I am still on track.

And Hypnick thank you for pointing out the ORC1, MGC1, LET1, TPV1. Mentor said those are usually reserved for "hard" terms, where reaching CU may be difficult but are easily achievable within a months time.
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I'm working on my enrollment process right now and I'm excited!
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Good luck with everything, make sure you always post about your experience in classes and passes! We enjoy hearing about it, and other members can learn from it.
  • Options
    So far I am loving this experience. 2 Days in after AAV I have passed both Pre-Assessments for gen ed classes (BAC1 and BBC1). I am waiting on my access to LabSim to get that pre-assessment out of the way and have the voucher for Sec+. Still waiting on my webcam which I expect next week to take the Objective's.
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book