Paperback or eBook-which one should I choose for Darril Gibson's book?

BeachTech_BeachTech_ Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been thinking about this for two days now. I want to get my Security+ by the end of the year (using the Sy0-201 exam). I have an A+ and Network+, over 20 years I.T. experience and 5 years of I.T. security experience.

I can't decide to get Darril Gibson's ebook or the paperback. In my past certifications, I bought the Sybex books which had the entire book on PDF on a CD in the back. That was nice and handy since I used both.

Here is what I am thinking

Paperback:
Pros-easier to read, write notes in it, can give it to a friend afterwards (well, not a big deal since sy0-201 is about to expire.)
Cons-can't easily read it at work without nosey coworkers asking about it*, one extra thing to lug around. Have to wait for shipping.

eBook (being read on an iPhone or my computer, I do not have and will not by a Kindle)
Pros-easy to read at work without nosey coworkers knowing* (just looks like I am reading something on my iPhone. Can get it instantly.
Con-Can't take notes, can't give to someone when I am done with it, a little harder on the eyes.

*-since my company will not give me any kind of a raise if I receive my Security+, this is obviously for “future employment”. And I really don’t want my current employer knowing I am looking for another job…not in this job market. icon_smile.gif

I am going to make a decision in the next 24 hours because I want to start studying ASAP. Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Just weigh your Pro's and Con's you have listed them out. But for me I like the actual book can highlight and make notes I can't stand reading a book from a PDF.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    Have you used the Kindle app on the iPhone or desktop? You can add notes to it and it will sync. You can also Highlight items as well and they become bookmarks per se.

WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book