Options

How many mobo's will Dell replace?

TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
I've been having an issue with PC lockups/mouse and keyboard not responding. So far Dell has replaced the motherboard twice, power supply and I/O panel once.

Now, after a BIOS update the PC won't turn on and the guy from Dell said if the jumper doesn't fix it, it'll need another motherboard replacement.

Does Dell have a limit of how many times they will replace something? It is for a SMB, with SMB Dell account. The PC has warranty until 2014.

Comments

• Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Did the Tech go straight for updating the Bios and then replacing parts did he ask for a Dset?
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Have all of these replacements been for the same issue? If so then you should be able to push for a system exchange.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do tech support for Dell SMB. The policy is if we've service the machine with parts 3 times within the same month and there's no resolution in sight we offer a system exchange for a like or better system. Sometimes the supervisor can make an exception if it's been two months or if the system has been serviced twice and a ton of parts were sent both times but it's just policy that we have to at least attempt to troubleshoot the machine first.

If these guys just keep trying to send you parts tell them you want a system exchange and if they deny it ask to speak with a supervisor even if they say they already spoke with the supervisor. Sometimes all you really need is to speak to the right people yourself to get things done. Just know ahead of time that a system exchange can take 1-3 weeks to go through. A lot of people get frustrated with that part but there's nothing we can really do to control that aspect.