Options

Contract Jobs abroad

Hi
As some of you know I am doing my Network+ and I am also in the process of making my C.V awesome.icon_lol.gif
I have always fancied doing maybe 6-12 months abroad in IT (networking) just for the experience while I can.
Does anybody know any jobs boards that deal in that kind of thing?
Also what kind of certs would I need to add to the N+?
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• Options
    518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry, but you wont be able to get a job as a network administrator with just an N+. Also, initial contract asks for 1 full year.
  • Options
    dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    What would I need to get. I don't mind doing something entry level or even something that isn't specifically Net Admin.
    I do have 8 years IT experiencing and some basic experience in Net support.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dazl1212 wrote: »
    What would I need to get. I don't mind doing something entry level or even something that isn't specifically Net Admin.
    I do have 8 years IT experiencing and some basic experience in Net support.
    You need an A+ and a CCNA at the very least; and even then it's still no guarantee....icon_sad.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    MrRyte wrote: »
    You need an A+ and a CCNA at the very least; and even then it's still no guarantee....icon_sad.gif
    Thank you.
    Going to be difficult icon_rolleyes.gif
    but if that's what I need, then that's what I shall aim for icon_study.gif
  • Options
    518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For Helpdesk or ADPE Technician: Security+ and A+.

For Network Administrator: Security+ and CCENT

For Systems Administrator: Security+ MCP or MCTS Server 2008
  • Options
    Thank you for that I was planning on looking into doing the Security+ next, obviously dont want to look to far into it till I have passed the N+
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dazl1212 wrote: »
    Hi
    As some of you know I am doing my Network+ and I am also in the process of making my C.V awesome.icon_lol.gif
    I have always fancied doing maybe 6-12 months abroad in IT (networking) just for the experience while I can.
    Does anybody know any jobs boards that deal in that kind of thing?
    Also what kind of certs would I need to add to the N+?

Where are you presently based? If you are looking at junior level contract roles overseas there is a lot of competition locally. Also low wages. Increasing globalization is pushing support and call centres to countries where labour is cheaper. So France moves stuff to Tunisia, Spain to Chile and Argentina, the US to the Philiapenes, Italy to Croatia, Germany to Poland.

I wouldn't work abroad now unless it was a very senior role TBH because the rates for anything else have plummeted.

An alternative is the military if you are a US citizen and have the clearance. There are hazards though.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Try internships from big international companies...
    It would help you spoke a different language too.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****