70-649 - MCSE Upgrade to 2008

jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone here taken this exam? Any tips? I have put it off too long, it's time to upgrade to the MCITP track. Scheduled to take the exam in a few weeks, let the studying begin! icon_cool.gif
CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.

Comments

• sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    I did that one last year.

It's essentially 3 exams in one with each being a separate section and scored individually. Your score for the exam is the lowest of the 3 exams (although you get to see the results for each section).
    You then get the 3 Server 2008 exams you need for the MCITP:EA (you would need to do the Windows 7 ^ EA exam still).

Not a bad exam really, I think it took about 30-40 mins to complete
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    saspro wrote: »
    I did that one last year.

It's essentially 3 exams in one with each being a separate section and scored individually. Your score for the exam is the lowest of the 3 exams (although you get to see the results for each section).
    You then get the 3 Server 2008 exams you need for the MCITP:EA (you would need to do the Windows 7 ^ EA exam still).

Not a bad exam really, I think it took about 30-40 mins to complete

Thanks, I've been reading about the requirements and trying to study as best I can. It's a lot of material, but I think I can manage! *fingers crossed!*
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    The section in the book about iSCSI was very handy to read about. It's not mentioned in the CBT nugget videos.
  • Tech_GuyTech_Guy Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the iSCSI tip. I just picked up the M$ Press book book and finished the CBT Nuggets videos. Hoping to take this by end of next month. I'm setting a virtual lab up as we speak so I can mess around with some stuff. Our domain at work is not fully 2008 yet and I have no clue about terminal services again.. don't use it.