Options

2nd interview

wargamer6wargamer6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
I had an interview for a PT help desk roll for a local school district this morning. I just got an email and the director wants to schedule a 2nd interview tomorrow morning.

What should I except?

Comments

• Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    It really depends on what happened in the first interview.
  • Options
    I just met with 2 HR administrators and we talked about general job things. Nothing really IT in depth.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I'd imagine this would be a much more technical interview then.
  • Options
    That's what I'm expecting. They did say he'd have some things to "troubleshoot". I wonder if it's questions or actual hardware. Nervous lol.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    wargamer6 wrote: »
    That's what I'm expecting. They did say he'd have some things to "troubleshoot". I wonder if it's questions or actual hardware. Nervous lol.

Don't be. Confidence is a great tool that will work in your favor. If you don't know something they ask you just be honest, don't try to BS your way through it. As long as you provide an avenue to find the answer (google, peer, escalation) you'll be good to go.
  • Options
    dt3kdt3k Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I work for a school district, usually the IT Directors arn't very technical people, more of a management position if you ask me. Usually rely on their engineers for technical expertise. I would expect it would be a general interview about your knowledge, experience, qualifications, and the such.
  • Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    If it is just the director don't under estimate his understanding of technical concepts. So honest and truthfull, and as others have stated in other posts, make sure YOU know what is on your resume. You could very well have a peer interview as well, since this a PT position, I would suspect they have another employee who may or may not be brought into the interview.
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm just nervous because I've never made it this far in my IT job search.
  • Options
    Just got back and it wasn't bad. I met with the Director and he asked me a few questions. The only hardware thing he had me do was to setup an AP with an SSID and a new gateway, IP, and subnet.